Need chip and injectors?

Don 231

Hello, I have a turbo-t with about 100 thousand miles that sits in the garage most of the time because it seems slow. I have done some work to it but I would like to get a cam,new injectors and chip. Can anyone suggest the best combo for this car? My sig shows other mods that have been done. Anybody in the Pasadena,Md area that can look at and tune this car? The car is just driven on the street, but would like to take it to the track one day. Thanks.

Yep, 30# green stripes are not enough for your combination at anything over 17-18 psi of boost. You can run above this, but you are putting your headgaskets at risk.

If it were my car, I'd go back to 3.42 gears and get new injectors (with 36# bluetops being the absolute minimum). If you run it at the track, the 3.90 gears will hurt you when you start getting fast, even with 28" tires. A T-R just won't rev high enough to use much gear over stock, without major mods.

My setup is very similar to yours. I run blue tops and will eventually go to 50's and Max Effort chip. I think your green stripes are much too small.

BTW, my old Jay Carter alcohol injection and the TE 44 are by far the best mods to the car. Not quite sure what you mean by slow. I haven't had my car to the track lately, but I was running 13.0 @ 109 with similar set up and, as you can tell from the mph, no traction.

My setup is very similar to yours. I run blue tops and will eventually go to 50's and Max Effort chip. I think your green stripes are much too small.

BTW, my old Jay Carter alcohol injection and the TE 44 are by far the best mods to the car. Not quite sure what you mean by slow. I haven't had my car to the track lately, but I was running 13.0 @ 109 with similar set up and, as you can tell from the mph, no traction.