Need an 8.5 rear end

Bruce Compton

Looking for an 8.5 rear end for a friend. Preferably in the northwest. PM me if you have or know of one.
Thanks..

I know where there are some locally, does he want to pull it himself or does he want somebody to present him with an axle to axle assembly?

A wrecking yard in Spanaway that is about 30 miles each direction from my house definitely has a g body rear end, I saw a few cutlasses while I was scrounging parts. I try to go to that yard every couple weeks and support them, they are really good about pricing and having lots of older cars. It is called "Dicks u pull it". Unfortunately they do not have any Buick Regals. I could be persuaded to drive my truck out there and find a decent rear end, but I'd have to make some money for my time, labor and gas.

Not being a Buick Regal does not matter as long as the Oldsmobile is an 84 to 87 442. At this point I will have him PM you. Thanks FT87.

I know that I've seen some 84-87 Cutlass in the various junkyards I frequent, but I'm pretty sure none were 442's.
Every now and again on craigslist a guy posts 442 parts for sale, maybe a wrecked one or he found one and stripped it.
That reminds me, there is a T-top Cutlass that I've got to go raid at another place soon, its getting close to the crusher pile!!

Still need an 8.5" rearend? I have a complete drum to drum Turbo T-type rearend, G80 Posi, 3.42 gears that I will be listing for sale soon.

I have a low mile set of 373 gears for a 8.5 rear for $50 plus shipping
20170407_140135.jpg