Need advice on rear springs

Mike Lough

Hello, I am new to the board. I was told by Paul at HR Partsnstuff to come ask here about my rear springs. Here is my situation. I have an '83 Hurst/Olds that I race in PRO Fastest Street Car's Cheap Street class. Over the course of this season (that I took off due to the birth of my child) I have changed all of my front suspension over. I put in Moroso trick springs with no coils cut off and it dropped the front end about 3 1/2". That has the stance I want, but now it looks like it has air shocks in the back aired all of the way up. I have one spring in the left rear that is alot weaker than the one on the right. It has a spacer in it to keep the car level in the back. If I pull it, it drops about 1 1/2". That would sit like I want it. My question is this...How do I get the other spring to match it? Heat? Clamp it down a little? Search the bone yard for a spring similar to the other? Talk to me folks, I know you guys know g-bodies the best. Thanks.
Mike Lough

Find a buddy with a Counter Moog catalog and start looking at the different springs and the load rate vs height that have pig tails on either end.

what about using the stock GN T-Type rear spring and using air bags? Most of the people here are using this type of setup with excellent results and very good 60' times. If you want here is a link to my Gn with the Cargo spring for my GN. You will see some bounce out of it but you will at least see the way it sits. I have a 28X12.50-15 tire at 13 psi. It is a movie so down load it and then play it. Maybe this will help? I use the hr suspension system with a the new sway bar, a cargo spring which I think I am going to change to a non cargo spting and 2 air bags with 5 psi in each. Hope this helps some.

http://www.hrpartsnstuff.com/images/video/MOV05396.MPG

Hope this helps