Need advice on PL log

Here are too more logs. One is mashing the pedal too the floor from a dead stop. The other is easing into WOT from a roll. Since the last log I have added a 3 bar Map sensor and changed the wideband to the correct one, AEM, on my PowerLogger.

Attachments

• stop to WOT.dat
    28.5 KB · Views: 59
  • ease into it.dat
    41.8 KB · Views: 49
Those logs show your SES light is on with a malfunction code 42. That forces your timing to base, which is 10*. You'll need to get that fixed up before moving on.

Thanks. I knew my SES light was on but I did not know that it affected timing or anything. That could be some of my issue. I will start tracing wires and see what I can find.

Fixed code 42 with some help from Chris Hogeland. Car still feels exactly the same as it did before. Heres a log after fixing code 42

Attachments

• stop to wot after fixing code 42.dat
    85.4 KB · Views: 44
That log looks pretty normal for a stock car running 14-15psi boost. Spoolup is a tad on the slow side, could be a tight torque converter or leaky wastegate. With the boost that low, I would change the target a/f to something leaner, like 11.5 and see how that goes.

ignore that log above, I saved the wrong one apparently. Here are 2 more

Attachments

• stop to wot after fixing code 42 3.dat
    69.8 KB · Views: 40
  • ease into throttle after code 42 fix.dat
    75.3 KB · Views: 42
even at a idle, in drive, the ECM thinks your in 3rd/4th gear. As every one has said, pretty low shift point and mushy.

How could I fix the problem of the ECM thinking Im in 3rd and 4th gear? And I'll play around with my tv cable a little this week and see if I can get it shifting a little higher. What is Ideal shift point for stock engine?

Just installed TA49 turbo and adjusted boost too about 17-18 PSI. Car feels a little better than with the stock one but something just doesn't feel right. Heres some logs to review and I may have not been at WOT in some of them the whole time because like I said something just didn't feel right so I would let out. Car feels great just easing into it but if you really mash the pedal it feels like the trans is slipping and just doesn't want to go.

Attachments

• ta49.dat
    67 KB · Views: 38
  • ta49-2.dat
    68.8 KB · Views: 40
  • ta49-3.dat
    53.6 KB · Views: 39
Is the red on the IPW normal? notice it turns red at about 4000 RPM and it only at 15 psi.

Attachments

• ta49 4.dat
    69.5 KB · Views: 41
I realize that but why does it turn red? I mean less than 60 percent is no where near the max so it just seems weird too me.

The red area is like the tach, if the needle gets to the red area you are "in trouble"

The reason the red area changes is because the injector pulsewidth at which you go "static" (100% dutycycle, injectors wide open) is dependent on RPM.

Pay attention to the needle (that is the real data), the red zone gives you an idea of how close you are to maxing out your injectors.

PowerLogger_Dutycycle.jpg

Bob

Gotcha that makes since. Thanks Bob. So nothing on these last couple of logs stands out too anyone? The car feels really slow and I just can't figure out what the problem is.