Need a little turbo help

mred355

Hi Guys. I have an 87 GN. I have cleaned the throttle body and IAC and set the IAC to 16 the Tps to .40 on idle and 4.6 WOT. The fuel pressure is set to 43 # with Vac. unhooked. The boost set to 18 # at WOT. I have a turbo tweek chip burned for the set-up and I have the 1-2 and 3-4 timing retarded 3 degrees. It runs great; but the retard during the 2-3 shift is a little high. The scanmaster reads 820 Mv. and 4 deg. retard at the shift. Not sure what to adjust to correct this or is it normal for this set-up? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanx in advance. Ed

Turn the boost down a pound or two and see if the knock goes away.

Hi Shawn. I turned the boost down to 16#. Took two passes and at 2-3 shift I got 824 Mv and .7 R then 800Mv. and 0 R Should I leave it or whats next?

Yes I would leave it right where it is what octane are you running??

Don't know what mods you have, but your options are:
1. Leave it alone with 16 psi and 0 KR
2. Run race gas $$$
3. Add an Alky kit
4. Convert fuel system to E85
If your fuel system is stock, you need to address that before doing anything.

Hey it runs great. I think I will quit while i'm ahead. Thanks for all the help. Ed

16 #s is about the max you will get on pump gas. I think I had one running 17 on 94 ultra before Sunoco got rid of it. These days I run 100 octane unleaded and 22 #s

I added Razor's methanol kit to my whip years ago, best thing I did by a long shot. Mine is more street than strip, so the alky saves my wallet because I don't need race gas to run 23 PSI.

Alky is the way to go if your gonna run 92 octane pump gas . You can see my upgrades in my signature and I'm sitting on 25 lbs of boost and will turn higher with no worries . All because of Julio at Alky Control .