Need a hot air intake

scpls19398

Hot Air Fan
Just wanted to check here first, looking for a good hot air intake to port.
send me a pm or call

George

Call Eric @ GBODYPARTS

Call Eirc @ GBODYPARTS (252) 825-3293 , They may have a oem used one that has never been touched for you to port.

I ported a couple for my hot air turbo Rivieras , it used the same intake, I also had IWIN engineering do one , They port matched the intake gasket to the manifold,you know the intake is also the valley pan, a one piece unit.

I , myself worked on hollowing out the runners with long flexible shaft attached to a just right size worn down sandpaper flap wheel on an electric drill.

I also modifed that BLUNT flat divider where the turbo adapter sets, you know , the air inlet to the intake divides into 2 folded runners, LEAVE THEM ALONE LIKE THEY ARE, KEEP THE OEM DESIGN, just enlarge ,

TAKE OUT ALL THE CASTING PLUGS UNDER THE INTAKE TO GET A GOOD LOOK AT THINGS, THEY ARE SQUARE DRIVE PIPE PLUGS, I replaced mine with EARLS aluminum pipe plugs that are hex drive.

THE long runner design is good for low end torque, when you carve out some material, you will be changing the total cubic inch displacement of the intake and will be like having a larger plenum. NOT much but it adds up.

THIS information is what I did, and many may disagree, a lot of people want the the hot air intake to act like the 86-87 design and hack it up and repipe everything and add a intercooler with miles of piping.

Keep you hot air , HOT AIR and cool the charge with propane or alky injection.
MY TWO CENTS
GOOD LUCK, TURBO E38

intake

Thanks alot. I am looking for one to send to Jay at BWR. I am delivering my car to him on Monday. I was all set to convert it over, but decided to go the hard way. Jay seems like a great guy, probably tired of me calling him, but he always takes my calls. We got a plan and I am ready to get it started.:biggrin: :biggrin:

i have a few stock ones laying around... 3 or 4 actually... how much are you willing to spend? I recently got one off ebay for 40 plus shipping...still waiting for it to come in!!!

I have a totally bare intake in my basement actually... i was looking at it a couple days ago, thinking about sending it to iwin or somebody for some experimentation... havent had the time or the funds...

Let me know!!!

john:D

i have a few stock ones laying around... 3 or 4 actually... how much are you willing to spend? I recently got one off ebay for 40 plus shipping...still waiting for it to come in!!!

I have a totally bare intake in my basement actually... i was looking at it a couple days ago, thinking about sending it to iwin or somebody for some experimentation... havent had the time or the funds...

Let me know!!!

john:D

I've got 3 right now and could use the extra cash for sure. Tell me how much you want to spend and I'll see what I can do.:biggrin:

I've got 3 right now and could use the extra cash for sure. Tell me how much you want to spend and I'll see what I can do.:biggrin:

what the heck??? collecting these things a hobby too???? lol it is a flippin addiction!!!! lol

John:biggrin:

what the heck??? collecting these things a hobby too???? lol it is a flippin addiction!!!! lol

The first 2 I bought to make enough parts and the third I ended up with when the guy decided to give everything he had left over. I only need 1 of them but now I have 3.:biggrin:

excluding the iwin engineering intake going on my car... I have 4 others!!! one is shot (let the students try a bit of their own porting/experimenting), and the other 3 are in various states... one is completely bare (i was going to send it out to get the full works and a polish on the outside), the other 2 have some peices still on them...

It seriously is an addiction!!!