Need a brass T block to install an oil pressure sending unit off of the turbo feed line

holmestyles

Hey, now. Installing a VDO oil pressure gauge and need to track down a brass T block that doesnt restrict the flow to my oil feed line for the turbo. The only ones I can find are smaller than the feed line and t don't want to overheat/mangle the new PTE6262. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

I used one of these for my mechanical/electric FP gauges. one under the hood, one in the cockpit.

Available in tons of sizes at any hardware store.

1649283173152.png

I just used a normal 1/4" thread brass 90.

One male end, two female ends. Can use 1/4" or reduce to 1/8" for most senders. That way I can use my gauge but also keep my idiot light. Screw right into the block.

1649286853736.png

I just used a normal 1/4" thread brass 90.

One male end, two female ends. Can use 1/4" or reduce to 1/8" for most senders. That way I can use my gauge but also keep my idiot light. Screw right into the block.

View attachment 355137
Wouldn't there be an issue on the inside where the tubing flare necks down to make a good seal? That's where'd I'd lose the 1/4" tubing for proper oil flow to the turbo. Looks like an 1/8" diameter in the fitting

Wouldn't there be an issue on the inside where the tubing flare necks down to make a good seal? That's where'd I'd lose the 1/4" tubing for proper oil flow to the turbo. Looks like an 1/8" diameter in the fitting
I was just giving a general picture. Want to say the fitting in the block is 1/4" NPT but don't quote me. I just did mine. So far so good.

Disclaimer I'm using a Turbo Saver & am not feeding my turbo from there. But it feeds my idiot light & gauge sender.

It would narrow down anyway as the turbo feed line fitting is the same nipple/flare setup as the brake fittings. At least on mine it was.

Here is what I did for the gauge and feed line, not a good idea if there's a restricting fitting in the turbo.
Had to slightly tweak the braided feed line upward a bit by hand.
Makes the gauge easier to install in MHO., I used 1/8" copper line instead of the nylon due to the heat involved for the gauge feed.
1/8" male pipe into the turbo and two female taps for the gauge fitting and the original turbo oil line fitting.

GN PTE51 Oil Fitting and Gauge Line.jpg