need '79 headers or something

dmarx

I posted this previously. Putting a '79 V-6 Turbo in my '28 Essex. I need a set of headers for this engine. I can have them made for $600 locally, but would prefer used.
Thanks
Dan
dlmarx@bellsouth.net

I posted this previously. Putting a '79 V-6 Turbo in my '28 Essex. I need a set of headers for this engine. I can have them made for $600 locally, but would prefer used.
Thanks
Dan
dlmarx@bellsouth.net

i think you are looking for 84/85 ha headers. if you are i would try making a post in the hot air section.

i think you are looking for 84/85 ha headers. if you are i would try making a post in the hot air section.

I think he's looking for the cast manifolds Matt. The 83-85 headers will work but I think there's some clearence issues on the Essex.

My problem is two fold. Need one inch clearence in the sides and the exhaust air on the right side needs to be moved forward so I can close the hood on the right.
Thanks
Dan

Headers for '79 V-7 Turbo, body update

Just an update of the work done on the car. The engine is now setting in the car. The gas tank will be in a special made 'steamer trunk" mounted on the back. I lengthened the frame 9 inches. The TH400 fits great. As you go thru the PP images, you will see the issue with the right side manifold.
Dan

Attachments

• PP Essex.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 93
I think what you are looking for are 1981/82 manifolds. They are the smallest in size (and they might be best for quick spool up).

Looks really nice Dan. Glad to see some progress on it again. I'm sure Aj has some laying around but I think he just bought a new place and is getting ready to move everything. He'll probibly find them when he starts packing stuff up.

if you have not found any i might have a 79 or 81/82 exhaust manifold. let me look through my stuff and see if i do.

I really dont think there is anything tighter than the exhaust you have now.

ive looked at them all.

im not sure what I can help you with?

A.j.