Nascar 2010

Bobtempest

Staff member
What does eveyone think about the changes that has been made in NASCAR this season so far? The cars, drivers rules ect. Do you think NASCAR could see the ship taking on water?

Until they get back to their short track roots and away from the cookie cutter cars & tracks, not only is it taking on water, but listing very badly. Just my opinion.

i used to follow nascar big time ,collectables,going to races ,watching everything about racing on t.v. couldnt get enough. when dale sr.passed i tryed very hard to pick a new favorite driver ,but none even come close ,tony stewart was the closest in my humble opinion,but nascar put such a muzzle on all of them ,and made racing so clean cut (bump a guy and get in trouble ! what the heck!)then the cookie cutter cars a ford was dodge was a chevy (boring) then came toyota forget it im done. very seldom even look for results on sunday. they need to let the guys be competitive agian get rid of the one templet cars and for sure run toyota back across the pond.just my two cents .:eek:

I agree with you, looks like they knew that had to loosen up on the drivers......ratings. I too have never felt the same after Dale's death. It ended an era. Toyota and NASCAR sucks too. I do think NASCAR has removed it's head from the clouds and has made some decent corrections this year. Time will tell.

It ended an era.

I think it ended an era of NASCAR having more "racers" than "drivers". Someone who came up working on a race car and paying for most of it. I don't think 90% of today's "drivers" know enough about cars to even change a flat tire on their personal vehicle. Oh, wait! They don't have to, they can just pay someone to do it!

nascar

After reading the post, "The Last Ride" it pretty much summed it up for me.:(
I really never felt the same. Don't get me wrong, I still go to races and love the sport. Then my father had passed away, Sundays just weren't the same. I think that such a HUGE sport would do a little better. All good things sometimes come to an end.