N/a mpgs?

I think I could do a mpfi setup for kinda cheap. Wiend makes a singe plane intake, I can get it set up for fi. I could use megasquirt to control it, and use tpi sensors and injectors so parts will be easy to get. First I will try to find a 200r4.

Another car I am looking at is a 1979 buick Opel, or a kaddet, samething. It's an auto with 94k, it's solid, has some rust but nothing major. It will need a paint job, but it get it to pass inspection it will need a muffler. The interior is solid. He said he won't go any lower than 1500,but that's a little steep for the car. This car will do good on gas, but I would feel safer on the interstate in the skylark.

How hard are 200r4s to come buy
not hard at all i got my trans off craigslist. i might as well post what jase is going to do; so maybe somone else can try it too. i think this will give you the best MPGs.

Attachments

• !BkPm32!!Wk~$(KGrHqQOKkYEsmmLlje4BLWymPW,Mw~~_3.jpg
    !BkPm32!!Wk~$(KGrHqQOKkYEsmmLlje4BLWymPW,Mw~~_3.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 179
[How are you controlling that? /QUOTE]
its not on my car but i think all you have to do is find a tbi set upoff a truck, get the harnest and computer and sensors. and hook it up like it was on the truck. you are going to have to put a new fuel pump and lines too. ask other they may know more.

[How are you controlling that? /QUOTE]
its not on my car but i think all you have to do is find a tbi set upoff a truck, get the harnest and computer and sensors. and hook it up like it was on the truck. you are going to have to put a new fuel pump and lines too. ask other they may know more.

Hmm, I wasn't thinking, the computer won't matter because tbis don't have an injector per cylinder. Do you know if he used a 4.3 setup or a v8? That could be done for real cheap.

Have to change the fuel sending unit along with the pump and lines... sounds like a lot, but if you buy a beat up truck with a TBI setup, than its all on there.

Hmm, I wasn't thinking, the computer won't matter because tbis don't have an injector per cylinder. Do you know if he used a 4.3 setup or a v8? That could be done for real cheap.

You'll need to have the puter modified to make it work as a stand alone. To use a stock TBI unit it has a distributor signal and tranny input. You can eleminate them but the puter needs to be modified.

Have to change the fuel sending unit along with the pump and lines... sounds like a lot, but if you buy a beat up truck with a TBI setup, than its all on there.

You'll need a sending unit off an SFI turbo car Jase. Either that or get one from a Monte Carlo that had the 4.3 liter with the TBI unit on it.

You'll need a sending unit off an SFI turbo car Jase. Either that or get one from a Monte Carlo that had the 4.3 liter with the TBI unit on it.

I cant afford to get anything right now till I at-least get it running again. What year Monte Carlos had a 4.3? I thought they only had 3.1, 3.8 and 5.3 motors.

You'll need to have the puter modified to make it work as a stand alone. To use a stock TBI unit it has a distributor signal and tranny input. You can eleminate them but the puter needs to be modified.

i think charlie is right.

I cant afford to get anything right now till I at-least get it running again. What year Monte Carlos had a 4.3? I thought they only had 3.1, 3.8 and 5.3 motors.

RWD not FWD. Some of the 87-88 MC's used the 4.3 liter engine with TBI in it. You should be able to find one in salvage if you look hard enough.

Did you get hold of the guy on the 78 engine Jase?

RWD not FWD. Some of the 87-88 MC's used the 4.3 liter engine with TBI in it. You should be able to find one in salvage if you look hard enough.

Did you get hold of the guy on the 78 engine Jase?

No, I cant get anyone to help put it inn... they all want $$$ just to drop it in. I would do it myself, but I need a cherry picker, a torque wrench and a heated garage. I`m looking at a 84 Regal and a 88 Conquest on CL right now, for a DD and keep the Regal a project. I might get this 84 Regal and then do the TBI on that... but then I have 2 damn Regals to work on:biggrin:

No, I cant get anyone to help put it inn... they all want $$$ just to drop it in. I would do it myself, but I need a cherry picker, a torque wrench and a heated garage. I`m looking at a 84 Regal and a 88 Conquest on CL right now, for a DD and keep the Regal a project. I might get this 84 Regal and then do the TBI on that... but then I have 2 damn Regals to work on:biggrin:

Go to your state section at the bottom of the forum and see if some one's willing to help Jase. I'm sure you'll find someone that will.:smile:

My orig 3.8 2bbl in my Regal would do about 22-24 mpg hwy with 2.41 gears now I have nothing to add to this except I didn't care about mpg when I built my engine.

not hard at all i got my trans off craigslist. i might as well post what jase is going to do; so maybe somone else can try it too. i think this will give you the best MPGs.

:eek:Thought about this. WoW it is possible then