MY TURBO V6 EL CAMINO

Boxcars

Banned
inspired by those members who have posted their conversions and shared their expertise here on Turbo Buick:

Attachments

• good2.jpg
    good2.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 541
  • good.jpg
    good.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 548
  • Picture 055.jpg
    Picture 055.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 519
  • Picture 061.jpg
    Picture 061.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 543
  • Picture 038.jpg
    Picture 038.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 572
  • Picture 037.jpg
    Picture 037.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 591
  • Picture 105.jpg
    Picture 105.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 564
  • Picture 107.jpg
    Picture 107.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 570
  • Picture 032.jpg
    Picture 032.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 562
  • Picture 035.jpg
    Picture 035.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 539
That's a lot of work. Well done!

Thanks guys! Yeah, it's a lot of fun at the car shows, the chevy dudes looking with confusion into the engine bay expecting the ubiquitous small block, not to mention those who think it is.
yup.gif

Yes, those are seats from Park Avenues (2) - passengers along with 18X8" IROCs..

Sweet. I've always thought about doing another one. I got a lot of mixed opinions about putting a Buick power plant in my old el Camino 12 years ago but I loved it. I think next one will be turbo sbc.

What did you do for the fuel tank?

Last edited:
Your turbo-elky was one of those that inspired me to do my own and I did receive advice from you back when I put mine together. So, thanks again, and to your question about the gas tank, I was fortunate in that my car happened to be a fuel injected 4.3 chevy V-6, so therefore had the proper fuel pump hanger for the more powerful turbo-buick fuel pump.

Your turbo-elky was one of those that inspired me to do my own and I did receive advice from you back when I put mine together. So, thanks again, and to your question about the gas tank, I was fortunate in that my car happened to be a fuel injected 4.3 chevy V-6, so therefore had the proper fuel pump hanger for the more powerful turbo-buick fuel pump.
Oh sweet. Yeah the gas tank is a big piece to have. I remember talking to you now. That was quite a while ago. Car looks good man.

I like it!

Quick question, where did you come across the turbo 6 emblems located on the fenders behind the front wheel openings?