My Turbo 6.0 LY6 4l80e build

While having a blast driving this thing around I burnt through a couple plug wires on the driver side. I notice the car was loosing power up top and idle was getting rough. Thing is the header is wrapped plus I have booties on wires and it still cooked them through. I ordered some new wires and trying to change the angle on the coils to see if this will fix the problem.

Where/how do you have your pcv valve setup? I've heard and read so many different things from people running turbos and superchargers and spent the evening working on mine.

That's crazy you burnt your wires, more so that you don't have a hood on! I had problems with underhood temps, and I'm sure my temps aren't anywhere near yours!!!

Where/how do you have your pcv valve setup? I've heard and read so many different things from people running turbos and superchargers and spent the evening working on mine.

That's crazy you burnt your wires, more so that you don't have a hood on! I had problems with underhood temps, and I'm sure my temps aren't anywhere near yours!!!
I think it's more that there pressing up against the headers instead of just laying on them. I re-positioned the coils by bending the brackets some and now they're no longer pressing or touching the header.

what gauge pods did you use to mount the gauges? I'm trying to mount some 2-5/8 gauges.

Thanks,

Bob

(great build!!)

what gauge pods did you use to mount the gauges? I'm trying to mount some 2-5/8 gauges.

Thanks,

Bob

(great build!!)
I used the 2 gauge universal pod from ebay... and trimmed and mounted it to the side contour of the dash.

I saw your track video. What kind of times did you run? This is my favorite G-body of all time BTW.

I saw your track video. What kind of times did you run? This is my favorite G-body of all time BTW.
Thanks man! Yeah I took her out to the track for the first time. She ran a 6.7 at 107 with a 1.8 60ft. My 2 step was lagging off the brake pedal switch and couldn't get a good run in.

A little progress, she went 6.5 at 108mph... not bad for 13lbs of boost.

10410270_10201838051472270_3123394487643500202_n.jpg

Over the last couple weeks I was able to install the HR bar and weld in there chassis support brackets. I also installed this e85 analizer from Zeitech. Pretty cool gauge, but just figured out my gas next to the house is really e78.

1486907_10202049990170605_528531623208445432_n.jpg

More vids....PLEASE!!!!

Awesome job. Top notch best of everything type job.

Congrats - quite an accomplishment.