My TA build for X Ray

X Ray

The GNX changed my life!
I see with the last issue with this sight my previous thread was never reloaded.....so I will try again....
First it started out so innocently I wanted set of TA heads for my 109 and it led to this. LOL Secondly I do NOT need a TA block for the HP I will put in the motor I just wanted to build TA motor. I bought a used…check that …a previously new block that was partially assembled but never run. The motor was assembled with stock parts and stock bore along with a set of TA bare heads. I sold the parts as I wanted to build a short stroke motor and I already had the TA SE heads that were reworked buy my builder Dave Roland.

Some info on the build JE custom pistons, Molnar Rods , Scat Crank Internally balanced and custom camshaft machined by TA, 217-217 with 113 degree lobe center with 530-530 lift.

I will post more pictures and info on the build but you can see the test run in the following link.

 

Attachments

  • eng100.jpg
    eng100.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 79
  • eng 101.jpg
    eng 101.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 75
  • thumbnail_IMG_2980.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2980.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 70
  • thumbnail_IMG_3179.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3179.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 80

X Ray

The GNX changed my life!
This is how we added oil not only to the camshaft position sensor but the timing chain. Took the plug out of the oil galley and spotted a flat surface and put an angled hole that sprays oil through the timing chain gear.
 

Attachments

  • oil 1 (1).JPG
    oil 1 (1).JPG
    592.4 KB · Views: 57
  • oil 1 (2).JPG
    oil 1 (2).JPG
    601.3 KB · Views: 55
  • oil 2 (2).JPG
    oil 2 (2).JPG
    789.2 KB · Views: 58

~JM~

Wrinkled Member
This is how we added oil not only to the camshaft position sensor but the timing chain. Took the plug out of the oil galley and spotted a flat surface and put an angled hole that sprays oil through the timing chain gear.
Do you recall hole diameter?
 

X Ray

The GNX changed my life!
When I first went over to see Dave’s he was working on someone’s motor and I noticed he was working on a baffle for his oil pan. He had cut it out by hand and was getting ready to take it to a friend’s house to get the louvers formed into it. We get talking abought how I could help him by build him a louver punch and die tool and also create a model of his blank in order to get them water jet. Off I went and started to work on the tooling and getting the parts waterjet. In the meantime Dave create a design for my TA block that is different from stock because the oil pickup tube is much different location. I completed the design and finished machining them with a little help from me fellow employees at Pratt & Miller. As for the Oil Pan we had it blasted and put the drain plug boss on the bottom to drain more oil and had everything powder coated. Dave used the punch and die in a hand press it worked perfectly. It took a lot of work but I like the results.
 

Attachments

  • tool 1.jpg
    tool 1.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 36
  • tool 2.jpg
    tool 2.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 36
  • tool 3.jpg
    tool 3.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 32
  • pan 1.JPG
    pan 1.JPG
    475.1 KB · Views: 26
  • pan 2.JPG
    pan 2.JPG
    364.8 KB · Views: 26
  • pan 3 (1).JPG
    pan 3 (1).JPG
    637.8 KB · Views: 28
  • pan 4.JPG
    pan 4.JPG
    619.7 KB · Views: 34
  • pan 5.JPG
    pan 5.JPG
    662.7 KB · Views: 38
Top