My slow and steady build of my jalopy!

Dwilc47

Decided I needed a thread to show off some of my hard work over the last year and years to come. This will be a slow process till I come into lots of money haha. A bit of back ground, bought the car last year in May with 33k on the clock and supporting mods majority are list in my sig. So I was getting a good deal and the guy before knew what was needed and did a good job. So here goes with the pictures and details. A big thanks to phil (pdzz) for helping me out on some of the work and advice big help.

When I picked her up, she looked a bit rough. She could use a paint job.

image-26.jpg

image-2.jpg

When I picked her up, she looked a bit rough. She could use a paint job.

After I got the windows tinted 5% all the way around. Washed and waxed a few times also.
image-31.jpg

Needed some tires to hold her to the road
image-28.jpg

Runs in the family. Dads is on the right. Original owner , still kicking. But only car for awhile and NY weather did her in a bit
image-30.jpg

Mickeys are on as well as the front air dams
image-27.jpg

Last edited:
Next was the shocks and springs. DSE shocks and 2inch drop springs only the fronts installed didn't know how the back would fit with the radials.
image-9.jpg

At this point I went to the track with just 5 gallons of 103 and the rest 93 pumping 18 pounds of boost. No tuning at all right lane is me. Horrible I know
image-32.jpg

image.jpg

Bought a razors alky system and chip. And a bunch of reading on how launch and drag these cars. End of the season came back with a vengeance, still not as quick as I liked but were getting there
image-5.jpg

image.jpg

From here it was pretty slow going. Just a few cosmetic things. I wanted to get done. Here are the valve covers painted and installed
image.jpg
image.jpg

I waited to do the intake because I had a RJC power plate coming in and didn't want the hassle of doing things twice. This was done over the last weekend. It's an improvement but still needs a lot more cleaning up in there
image.jpg

I took the liberty to plasti dip the wheels to see how they would come out.
image.jpg

So here is yesterday in good old Rochester, NY on a 45 degree day and today is 25 with 10+ inch of snow.
I like the way she looks right now and will keep it like this. She has come along way Ina short time.
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

Just a bunch of random pics I took of her on outings.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

My uncles 84 monte with a brand new v8 blew his last one up, can't remember the spec but a manual conversion done back in the 85, still looks clean.
image.jpg

Here's her hiding out for the winter

image.jpg
Here the man behind the addiction with the nice looking hoodie.

where can I get one of those hoodies?
To you and anyone else who wants to know. A company called turbostitches.com. The black isn't listed on their website but just email them through the contact us section and she'll reply to you. Cost was 45 shipped. It was shipped priority and came two days later. Nice product good fit and I had good service too. Hope that helps.

Looks good man.. How do the Mickeys perform on the street for regular driving? Also, i noticed that the factory wastegate is gone, with what looks like an external one? How does that setup perform in relativity to the stock configuration?
Sweet ride dude,
Andrew

Looks good man.. How do the Mickeys perform on the street for regular driving? Also, i noticed that the factory wastegate is gone, with what looks like an external one? How does that setup perform in relativity to the stock configuration?
Sweet ride dude,
Andrew

The mickeys are great for traction on the street and track. For regular street driving I didn't see any difference between those and the BFG tires I also have, other than not getting loose at 40 when I got on it. Like everyone advices they aren't great in the rain and when I did get stuck in the rain I just took extra caution, slowed down and made sure to not get on it. I put about 5k on the car this summer majority with the mickeys and regular street driving with a handful of times at the track. They are just about to hit the wear bar and I read there only good for about 3500 miles. So in summation, great tire for street driving and track use.
As far as the waste gate. I'm running about 26 pounds with the external WG with meth and a te-44 turbo and supporting mods. I bought the car with this setup and has done great. As far as comparing to a stock set up I drove my dads GN and he has drove mine and can't believe the difference in power, with these few mods. It's good if you want to have more boost.

The mickeys are great for traction on the street and track. For regular street driving I didn't see any difference between those and the BFG tires I also have, other than not getting loose at 40 when I got on it. Like everyone advices they aren't great in the rain and when I did get stuck in the rain I just took extra caution, slowed down and made sure to not get on it. I put about 5k on the car this summer majority with the mickeys and regular street driving with a handful of times at the track. They are just about to hit the wear bar and I read there only good for about 3500 miles. So in summation, great tire for street driving and track use.
As far as the waste gate. I'm running about 26 pounds with the external WG with meth and a te-44 turbo and supporting mods. I bought the car with this setup and has done great. As far as comparing to a stock set up I drove my dads GN and he has drove mine and can't believe the difference in power, with these few mods. It's good if you want to have more boost.

Awesome. I think a similar turbo setup as what you have is where I'm headed next. Also love the stance that the Mickeys give the car..
Thank you,
Andrew

Awesome. I think a similar turbo setup as what you have is where I'm headed next. Also love the stance that the Mickeys give the car..
Thank you,
Andrew
The turbo is a good fit for the supporting mods on the car right now. I want a mid to low 11 second car. And that should get me there with some more tuning. When I go looking for faster and more power I'll upgrade accordingly.
The mickeys do give a good stance but thats with the front dropped 2in lower with DSE drop springs. I have the rear drop springs but didn't know if they would rub so I played it safe this summer I might put them in this summer to see how it goes

To you and anyone else who wants to know. A company called turbostitches.com. The black isn't listed on their website but just email them through the contact us section and she'll reply to you. Cost was 45 shipped. It was shipped priority and came two days later. Nice product good fit and I had good service too. Hope that helps.
Good lookin that hoodies had

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app