My new toy...I mean my girlfriends new toy

oldsracer

Identity Crisis
My girlfriend has to drive into Philly everyday for grad school and with her jeep getting an generous 12 mpg we decided that we needed to do something. So for her birthday I got her a 2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4. Now we got it very cheap number 1 because its a neon, and number two its wrecked. Now I understand that these cars are quick for what they are but even though I bought it I have made the most fun of it because I cant get past the Neon nameplate. It'll be a good little car for her to learn how to drive manual on and a good weekend beater for me while I'm slowly getting my GN done. I bought it sight unseen from an insurance auction and when it was finally delivered I couldn't believe what I bought. It slid into a curb and destroyed the passenger suspension front and back and the wheel is in three different pieces, simple fixes. But I was like a kid in a candy shop when the hood opened. 50 trim turbo, 1000 cc injectors, 3" down pipe, turbonetics waste gate, solid motor mounts, giant front mount intercooler, AEM wideband and autometer boost and oil temp gauge...list goes on and on. Unfortunately the front mount is going back to stock so I can reinstall the crash beam that neon owners think is a good idea to removeo_O. Feel free to let me know how much you hate these cars because again, and I cant stress this enough, ITS A NEON!!!:D
IMG_1123.JPG
IMG_1127.JPG
IMG_1128.JPG
IMG_1124.JPG

TX inspections are pretty lax, but you do have to have two working headlamps and they do have to point forward...

TX inspections are pretty lax, but you do have to have two working headlamps and they do have to point forward...

HAHAHAHAHA that was good. Actually my girlfriend turned the lights on and the driver side worked and when I looked for the passenger side I just followed the smoke coming from the plug and remembered, hey, I should probably do something about that