My new toy, future budget build twin turbo V8!! Woo Hoo

jdpolzin

Hello, I just wanted to share my new little project with you guys. I have been looking for a good solid Regal to make a driver for a while and when I get done with my other two projects, this is the next! I bought this car from a board member Tim Roark and it was in the family since new. Came with a trailor hitch and all. It had a blown out O2 sensor so I threw an old one I had in it and it runs great! I'm planning to do a complete budget build with this car. Everything is pretty much going to be from the boneyard. I plan to use an older 4 bolt 350 bolck and top it off with a set of TT headers $169 new on Ebay and LT1 intake and heads. At first I'm going to pull a junkyard LT1 motor that runs and twin turbo it. When that motor goes, I'll spend a little more $$$ to make a good motor. I'm not planning to do any 9's, just a quick little street car. I have a stock BRF tranny and D5 converter to use and well as GN driveshaft and posi rear that i had as a spare. I also threw a set of stock GN swaybars I had on it. So far I just bought new endlinks and rear MOOG 5413 springs for it. I got the Pro Stars for a good price from OneFastGn and just had to buy new lugnuts and center caps, which I got for my birthday! Thanks Tony and Ashley! I'm going to clone a GN and do all the body/paint myself. The interior is just going to be pieced together as I find parts. It's already got a matching grey dash and trim so that a good start. The body is very solid. So far I have thrown a set of Big "n" Littles and a set of front air dams I had on it. My budget is $2500 so we will se how far that gets me. But, I'm pretty good at doing all the work myself and have plenty of spare parts to play with. For now, I'm using it as a driver to save miles on my truck. You can see how much of a difference the wheels have just made. Kind of the opposite of a sleeper, mine looks fast but goes slow with the NA 3.8! ------Jeremy

Attachments

• l_6782354be0fb4e31aa9ffcfd9a845648.jpg
    l_6782354be0fb4e31aa9ffcfd9a845648.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 929
  • 100_0808r.JPG
    100_0808r.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 913
  • 100_0806r.JPG
    100_0806r.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 911
  • 100_0807r.JPG
    100_0807r.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 914
I really dig the stock look of this car...

I'd leave the wire caps and the same interior/exterior. Why clone a GN-too much unwanted attention. It's just inviting trouble (ie: from the wrong kind of people.) Do a TT set up on a grandma looking car and no one will ever know or even suspect it. Then go hunting for snakes (cobras, vipers, etc.):biggrin:

Check out Morgan's aka "drippan" car in the SW section. He's posted some pic of his Blue T and it rocks! JMHO.

I have a picture somewhere (i'll try to find it) of a 10 second limited with wire wheels and a flat hood. Looks a lot like your car....total sleeper. It even has the skinny tires on it in street trim.

Not thats its any of my business, but how much did you pay for that regal, from the pics the body looks pretty damn solid.

can't find the regal pics, but I found this!!!! I want one!!!

Attachments

• GNW2.jpg
    GNW2.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 813
I know guys, the wire hub caps would be pretty cool. Anybody wanna buy em???? just kidding! My whole idea of this car was to basically have my GN but with a V8 sound a little kick. I also dont want to have to worry about driving it everyday during the summer months. In my GN, I worry about everything, I have way toooooooooo much dinero into it. It really sucks! This is just a cheap way to get some thrills. I do have to admit though, the GN is still under construction as well as the Limited, so I do enjoy driving this car very very much. Even though it's slow at the moment, it's still a cool old car. It sits right outside my big bay window in the back driveway and I look out at it all the time! like it's going to look cooler everytiime I look out there!

Not thats its any of my business, but how much did you pay for that regal, from the pics the body looks pretty damn solid.

Lets just say I got a pretty darn good deal on it! Only real issues with the body is the bumper fillers are toast, minor surface rust on the inside lips on the doors and a little rot on the oustide of the drivers door, and the deck lid was replaced at one time with one that apparently had rust that was covered up. I have a spare set of front bumper fillers and I'm going to get a GN deck lid and spoiler anyways. The doors will need some work but nothing I cant tackle!

man! i would drive it the way it is all day every day! i love the attention i get from my (needs to be painted) gn but im allways affraid that someone will hit it. i would drive that regal with a smile not worried if someone hit it:)

buickbert

twin turbo

I'm looking forward to seeing how the car turns out, glad you are enjoying it. I thought I would miss the car more but glad it went to a true Buick guy with big plans and skills to make it happen.

Looking for interior parts if anybody has some. I need a center counsol and floor shift steering column. Also need front GN seats, GN dash plaque, upper door panels for crank windows. If anybody can help, that would be great! -----Jeremy

Nice find, Jeremy! I'm sure you've seen and/or heard of the luck Randy Yates had with his stock 160K mile 5.3 LS truck motor with a single turbo, right? Freakin' AWESOME! They are a dime a dozen and LOVE to be forced induction!

What a fkin POS! J/K (maybe);) I think I might be able to get you a floor shift column. If the guy still has it I'll get back to ya. It's out of a low mileage monte ss. You'll have to paint it though!