My new THS car build thread

Slow91z

Turbobuick.com Helper
Staff member
As some of you may have noticed I haven't made it to a race in several years with a car. This was because of several reasons most notable was me trying to push stock parts farther than they were ever designed to go (ie I cracked 3 stock pistons right across the pin before I gave up and started building a better shortblock).

Since that saga began I have made a fair amount of changes including switching to e85 on the last time the Black car was out and getting a entirely different car to put my drivetrain in.

I'm pretty stoked right now as it all seems to be getting close to completion finally, so I thought I'd share.

Old combo
67 P-trim from Limit with a .63 Precision housing
Excessive Acceleration Ported Iron Heads
218/218 Excessive Acceleration Hyd. Roller Cam
Classic F.A.S.T.
CAS V2 Front Mount Intercooler
ATR Headers
ATR 3" DP with external gate
ATR Dual 3" Exhaust
120# Injectors
ATR Double Pumper with 255 lph pumps x2
E85 in the tank
Stock pistons and rods
NA crank
Extreme Automatics 200
Art Carr Converter

Most of the things that make power aren't changing, but some of the things that did change are
Installed 2 TT340 lph pumps in my double pumper
Racetronix Fuel Line Kit
Racetronix Double Pumper Wiring Kit
A .030 109 block with a steel stock stroke crank, polished stock rods, Speed Pro Pistons, and 2 billet caps
Baseline Rear Suspension Kit
HR Parts N Stuff Rear Sway Bar
I'm sure there's more I'm not thinking of but feel free to ask.

On to the pics

IMG_480778527302.jpeg IMG_0400.JPG 20131228_120103.jpg IMG_0346.JPG IMG_0347.JPG IMG_0371.JPG IMG_0373.JPG IMG_0374.JPG IMG_0375.JPG 20131228_141600.jpg

Last edited:
Glad to se it all coming together. I really like the way that car looks!
I will be bringing up the rear of the THS class.
Do I get any sort of head start for being heavy and only using a 62mm turbo? Not even E-85!

Thanks jas...as for head starts guess you better get a practice tree, course I haven't seen a tree in years so it shouldn't be hard to take me down.

Getting there, got more pics but trying to stay focused on getting this sucker ready
20141012_083005.jpg