my new sport coupe

COOPER12

Just brought this one up a week ago,
needs work but no rust. Landau is cracking though. everything is there minus the door , trunk and glove box key lol.
has a Rod Knock so I am thinking of using a 4.1 like Rich has suggested with his build.
this one looks like a barn find and I am super Super happy with it.
minus a small hole in the carpet the interior is perfect.
It does need wheels and a new steering wheel , and bumper fillers
image001 copy.jpg
image001.jpg
CAM01186 copy.jpg
imagejpeg950954.jpg
1009131822.jpg
1010131732b.jpg

What year is it?
Conrad

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I think its a 81or 83.an they carb cover is red in 81 an chrome in83

86 Regal W-11/CC-1T Type

I hear ya lol. I have a post, B4B race parts selloff with details, make offers, got GN headers, Modified turbo and q-jet, HEI hop-up parts, new motor mounts, Lunati cam, rebuilt heads, and more, all for cheap!

Thanks. Im getting ready to get some wheels and tires then on to the suspension and body bushings , brakes etc.

I got the new battery hooked up.
She wont turn over though the carb doesnt seem to want to open.
besides that the windshield wipers , poor door locks and power window is not working. Not concerned with that yet.
was hoping to get her to turn over to see how bad the rod knock is.

well I picked up a new steering wheel yesterday. should have it next week.
It should help the interior out since now I can get rid of the granny wheel.
Also will be getting some wheels this week.
Either 86 T Type Vector style from a member or some from American Racing , summit ( still chewing on this. )
plus the bushings , brakes and suspension
well here is the wheel.
181255373495_1.jpg

I have Vectors on my car. They look good, but they also make the car look like every other 86/87 T Type. The rears are 15x8 with drag radials.

If I had a 1981, I would look for a set of the polycast Turbine rims. They were used on Sport Coupes and the Pace Car replicas (gold). They are 14x7 (wider than most 14" rims). Very heavy though.
https://www.eastwestautoparts.com/products-page/wheels/1980-buick-regal-turbo-wheels

I'm also a big fan of the Buick Ralley rims (similar to Magnum 500's). If you look, you can find 15x7's.
18766620022_large.jpg

I do like the rally rims too . we will see. I know the vector style would look like every other t type but there is not many so it would still be the only one in my town :cool:
I want to shave some weight I think so have decided on aluminum wheels

If I had a 1981, I would look for a set of the polycast Turbine rims. They were used on Sport Coupes and the Pace Car replicas (gold). They are 14x7 (wider than most 14" rims). Very heavy though.
https://www.eastwestautoparts.com/products-page/wheels/1980-buick-regal-turbo-wheels

I'm also a big fan of the Buick Ralley rims (similar to Magnum 500's). If you look, you can find 15x7's.
18766620022_large.jpg
[/quote]I have 3 14x7 factory turbines if you are interested

I got the steering wheel today. Pretty d@m happy for 50.00 perfect color and in really great shape.
and I am ordering some Ansen Sprints this week
15x7 cheap and light and a nice classic style I like
0.jpeg
$T2eC16d,!zoE9s5ngHcdBQeMWpB5Ig~~60_12.JPG

I saw some on another thread recently too. Probably will once she gets painted. I need some front and back fillers.
Rear window molding ( unless I want to redo the top ) and weather stripping ( some is ok and some not so will probably do it all )

Think I need to do all the bushings and suspension first though. Now the sport coupe emblems are not holding well . I should probably remove and clean / store them before they get lost. They will need to get another sticky back to em before they are rehung.

Today I put the new wheel on. Perfect fit and exactly the same color as the rest of the brown.
I think I was fortunate to get a wheel in the shape it is lol.

not sure why they came out sideways lol
IMG_0057.JPG
IMG_0058.JPG

Just brought this one up a week ago,
needs work but no rust. Landau is cracking though. everything is there minus the door , trunk and glove box key lol.
has a Rod Knock so I am thinking of using a 4.1 like Rich has suggested with his build.
this one looks like a barn find and I am super Super happy with it.
minus a small hole in the carpet the interior is perfect.
It does need wheels and a new steering wheel , and bumper fillersView attachment 203363View attachment 203364View attachment 203365View attachment 203366View attachment 203367View attachment 203368
I HAVE A SET OF THOSE FACTORY WHEEL COVERS(40,000 MILE VEH) THAT ARE IN GREAT CONDITION.. I GAVE A SET OF THE STEEL,CROME WHEELS AWAY THIS PAST SUMMER.. I'LL GIVE YOU THE W-COVERS IF YOU WANT THEM... I ALSO HAVE GRILLE,H-LP DOORS,FRT FILLERS IF YOU NEED THEM,AGAIN FROM A 1981 REGAL 40,000 MILE FLORIDA VEHICLE..

front fillers I need bad , what do you want for those?
i took the wheel covers off myself. they are in good shape but am putting on some aftermarket wheels

I belive I have front fillers. That same color too off a 81

86 buick w11/cc1

Attachments

• 1385267188954.jpg
    1385267188954.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 116