My new GN,almost literally, 1,400 miles

stage1gn

As I was in high school when the GN came out,could not afford one and had to wait until 92 to buy one.49k miles in 92,enjoyed it thoroughly thru the years as we all did,still have it today 21 years later with 81k on the clock.While in high school,drooled over seeing the lineup of new GN's at the local Buick dealer and always wished I could have been the age to have bought one new.NTM,a GNX !!!!
Well a week ago,10 miles from my house pops up this one,a 1,400 orig mile GN,all documents,paper trail from day one,etc.I used to disregard when one would say "still smells new",but this car has been stored always with the windows up to retain it and to my surprise,it DOES still smell new inside!!!!
I could not believe what I was seeing,and although on the lookout for a GNX,could not pass this car up.
Pics....

Attachments

• DSCF4077.JPG
    DSCF4077.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 188
  • DSCF4071.JPG
    DSCF4071.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 177
  • DSCF4074.JPG
    DSCF4074.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 178
  • DSCF4005.JPG
    DSCF4005.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 158
more....

Attachments

• DSCF4024.JPG
    DSCF4024.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 150
  • DSCF4025.JPG
    DSCF4025.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 156
  • DSCF4028.JPG
    DSCF4028.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 148
  • DSCF4096.JPG
    DSCF4096.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 146
  • DSCF4097.JPG
    DSCF4097.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 151
more...

Attachments

• DSCF4046.JPG
    DSCF4046.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 152
  • DSCF4047.JPG
    DSCF4047.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 163
  • DSCF4031.JPG
    DSCF4031.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 156
  • DSCF4038.JPG
    DSCF4038.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 174
  • DSCF4066.JPG
    DSCF4066.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 153
  • DSCF4068.JPG
    DSCF4068.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 147
And to sweeten the deal,he had some NOS goodies I also bought,hood pad,sill plates,wastegate hose assembly,center caps,and a very rare sight, NOS takeoff rims and tires off a GN sent to ACS for the X conversion. Said to be about 2 miles on them while the car was moving around the factory,on trailor,etc.Still have nubs sticking off the actual tread,date codes all right there,yellow sticker on each tire,and some kind of factory protective coating on the chrome(I cleaned one up).As brand new as day one.

Attachments

• DSCF4065.JPG
    DSCF4065.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 120
  • DSCF4061.JPG
    DSCF4061.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 120
  • DSCF4062.JPG
    DSCF4062.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 121
  • DSCF4064.JPG
    DSCF4064.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 109
Wow....that is a sweet find! Interesting that it has the braces on the undercarraige and rad support. All the NOS goodies is just icing on the cake! Congratulations.

Nice .... she looks immaculate...

Yes,if you notice the eng bay pic,a previous owner added the braces under the hood,and the lower ones.Have the receipt from Kirban for them.Also,on the receipt is the rear seat brace kit,but that's not on the car and never was.

Stunningly beautiful and what a find! I don't think you could do any better than that. Are you going to put some miles on it or will it be a full scale model car?

Well,.......sorta have to keep it down in the miles,it does inspire me to drive my other one more though,but can't let these things sit to long without being started/moved/warmed up/driven,so maybe 40-50 miles a year.

I remember seeing the ad on Craigslist for the wheels . I'm in Meriden and there are a ton of us Gn / t type / tta guys here local

I know,I am friends with turbobitt,Bison,Mark Heuffman,etc.Wanted to bring my TTA to the Buick show in Wallingford last year,but they wouldn't let me.

Wow, sweet find. Please make sure to take tons of detailed high res pics. These cars are getting old enough that folks will want to do full blown original restores and it would be awesome to have reference pics.

I take it you're in your mid 40's? Lately when I take my GN out I get lots of guys in that age group telling me about how much they loved these cars in highschool and would love to have one one day. To me that means that these cars will hopefully go up in value in 5-10 years when these guys all hit midlife crisis and start collecting these cars. I'm hoping so at least. I may be bored of mine in a few years and would like to get some decent money for it if I can.

To me that means that these cars will hopefully go up in value in 5-10 years when these guys all hit midlife crisis and start collecting these cars. I'm hoping so at least. I may be bored of mine in a few years and would like to get some decent money for it if I can.

I think mine will have to triple in value to get my money out of it before I"m done. ;)

Wow, sweet find. Please make sure to take tons of detailed high res pics. These cars are getting old enough that folks will want to do full blown original restores and it would be awesome to have reference pics.

I take it you're in your mid 40's? Lately when I take my GN out I get lots of guys in that age group telling me about how much they loved these cars in highschool and would love to have one one day. To me that means that these cars will hopefully go up in value in 5-10 years when these guys all hit midlife crisis and start collecting these cars. I'm hoping so at least. I may be bored of mine in a few years and would like to get some decent money for it if I can.
42,class of 88'.junior/senior when these came out.