My New Daily Driver has arrived!

Nice car pgoffner!

Here's a few Matt took today.

Thanks! Wow...that camera is ridiculously nice:eek: Car looks amazing!

Are you planning on doing wheels? I have Breyton GTS wheels on the way...should be a nice look for the car.

I also did some tuning with my HP tuners suite and I must say its a whole new car. If you do any mods at all get it tuned. These 6 speed transmissions feel really nice with the proper adjustments. My car will pitch sideways now on the 1-2 shift and bark the 2-3 shift at ease. I only have the shifts set aggressive in sport shift mode, in normal mode they are far less aggressive.

I'll post up better pics with the new wheels as soon as possible:smile:

Thanks! Wow...that camera is ridiculously nice:eek: Car looks amazing!
Thanks, its a Nikon D40X

Are you planning on doing wheels? I have Breyton GTS wheels on the way...should be a nice look for the car.
At this point I don't have any plans to change the wheels, however I haven't ruled it completely out. I look forward to seeing the pictures of your wheels for sure.

I also did some tuning with my HP tuners suite and I must say its a whole new car. If you do any mods at all get it tuned.
I thought about the HP tuner suite, but decided try out the Superchips Cortex. I got the unit in Thursday, but I'm having problems getting it to work. I've been working with their support in getting things working, but so far no luck. It may be because the car is a 2009.5 and GM may have changed something. If I can't get it to work then I'm going your route and get the HP tuner suite. Isn't the suite around $500?

I was looking at a few today. What % off of msrp deals are you guys getting?

Mike

Thanks, its a Nikon D40X

At this point I don't have any plans to change the wheels, however I haven't ruled it completely out. I look forward to seeing the pictures of your wheels for sure.

I thought about the HP tuner suite, but decided try out the Superchips Cortex. I got the unit in Thursday, but I'm having problems getting it to work. I've been working with their support in getting things working, but so far no luck. It may be because the car is a 2009.5 and GM may have changed something. If I can't get it to work then I'm going your route and get the HP tuner suite. Isn't the suite around $500?

Yeah the suite is around 500 bucks and it comes with 4 credits which is enough to tune two vehicles. It takes 2 credits @ 50 bucks each to unlock a vehicles ECM for tuning.

I was looking at a few today. What % off of msrp deals are you guys getting?

Mike

I actually bought my 09 used to save a little. Ended up paying 23k for it. I think new 08's and 09's can be had for 27-29k...

Mine was brand new from the factory, so I didn't get as good of a deal as one that was sitting on the lot for months. I wanted a sunroof car with the styker blue color and the bluetooth option which is only just been available in cars coming out right now. So basically mine is fully loaded, fresh from the factory and the MSRP was 35K, I was able to get it for and out the door price of 32K with the choice of 0% interest for 60 months or 1.9% interest for 72 months.

If you not a picky as I was with color, options and whether it was a demo or not, you could more than likely get a better deal than I did. There are also a few ex-rental cars showing up on the lots, but the ones I saw were not taken care of.

Also noticed that the dealer I bought mine from had the most G8 GTs on their lot than the others did. The other dealers with few G8 GTs didn't wheel and deal as much for some reason.

They should be announcing the March incentives in the next few days and they might be a better deal than Feburary's.

Yeah the suite is around 500 bucks and it comes with 4 credits which is enough to tune two vehicles. It takes 2 credits @ 50 bucks each to unlock a vehicles ECM for tuning.

If the Superchips Cortex doesn't workout for me I'll go the HP tuner route. It looks like you have much more control over the tune than the Superchips. I wasn't planning on heavily modifying this car (I know, famous last words), so it seemed like the canned Superchips tune was good enough and had plenty enough features to make me happy, plus I'd save $150.

Pics as promised...

Breyton GTS Black
20x8.5 245/35/zr20 38mm
20x10 285/30/zr20 38mm
Nitto 555's
Eibach Pro Kit

CIMG3817.jpg

CIMG3820.jpg

CIMG3835.jpg

those rims are nice but imo it looks alot like a beemer with them. it is a clean look though

Cool wheels! They look good with your paint color, but I don't think they'd look that hot on a lighter color like mine.

I see you posted on the g8board, so now I have you pegged as CrzyLS2 (Shouldn't that be more like CrzyL76)

Cool wheels! They look good with your paint color, but I don't think they'd look that hot on a lighter color like mine.

I see you posted on the g8board, so now I have you pegged as CrzyLS2 (Shouldn't that be more like CrzyL76)

Yeah..lol, I started that screen name for my 05' GTO which had an LS2 until I swapped it out with a 6.6L Katech stroker. I just didnt want to seem like a newb on the G8 boards so I kept the same screen name as on LS1GTO...:redface:

Breyton GTS Black
20x8.5 245/35/zr20 38mm
20x10 285/30/zr20 38mm
Nitto 555's
Eibach Pro Kit

CIMG3817.jpg

CIMG3820.jpg

CIMG3835.jpg

Holy crap does that look good. Wow, that is classy. Great color and rims. I have a new appreciation for those after seeing urs. Very nice. When does the turbo kit go on?;) I think it looks better then a BMW.

I starting to like those cars more and more after viewing this thread. What do you guys the of the Firehawk version?? 500hp and runs 12.5's!!

I starting to like those cars more and more after viewing this thread. What do you guys the of the Firehawk version?? 500hp and runs 12.5's!!

The extra $20k isn't worth it. Buy a stock one and just dump a few grand into it and you'll be fine.