My hydroboost setup

Taylor04

Well I took some quick pics of the install, almost finished!

rebuilt astro van hydroboost
firewall mounting bracket by turboc87gn
master cylinder from powerbrake drivetrain
rebuilt steering box
reman steering pump from napa
AN-6 fittings/hose
speed bleeders (makes life much easier)
Jeep steering shaft

Will post more pics/info soon! Brake pedal feels amazing, steering is 10x better. Yes the reservoir will be permanently mounted soon!:cool:

Attachments

• IMG_0280.jpg
    IMG_0280.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_0284.jpg
    IMG_0284.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_0286.jpg
    IMG_0286.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_0290.jpg
    IMG_0290.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_0292.jpg
    IMG_0292.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 362
w/o rag and plastic gauge line

two more:biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_0296.jpg
    IMG_0296.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_0298.jpg
    IMG_0298.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 337
Lookin good!!!! I didnt think to do the jeep shaft while i had mine apart hmmm.... Nice clean install...You gonna plumb in a line lock so you can still do burnouts? :biggrin:

Lookin good!!!! I didnt think to do the jeep shaft while i had mine apart hmmm.... Nice clean install...You gonna plumb in a line lock so you can still do burnouts? :biggrin:

During the install I kept thinking I need a line-lock! Shouldn't be to bad to install either, there is room for days now without the powermaster. I really need to get some brake line wrenches before I install the line-lock. I think the whole system has broken in a bit, the steering seemed to loosen up and the brake pedal feels smoother. Maybe it is just slowly getting all the air out of the system because I will usually check the reservoir after driving for a while and there are still bubbles/foam in the fluid. Today I changed the autozone brand steering fluid for some lucas fluid and additive. The pump whining has greatly reduced but I would still like it quieter. A cooler is really needed...:rolleyes: