My heart sank when I saw this....

After 23 years I'd suspect there are still atleast 75% of the 1035 alive but who knows, but saying only a 100 left is just ignorant.

QUOTE=jdpolzin;2501966]With the lame lighting and camera trickery, it's hard to even tell what color the car is. Nice car, dumb previous owners, seller needs to lay off the "reflective photography."[/QUOTE]

Same paint code as mine.Garrnet red. That is one nice car. Buy it now is a little high but if I had deep pockets it would be in my garage:biggrin:

Let me put it another way...

We agree this is a neat and rare car (even if more than 100 exist) :)

But if you had deep pockets to hit that "buy it now," what, if anything would you do about the Pep Boys pop-top?

1. Leave it alone
2. Restore to Original - patch it with new metal, prep and repaint the roof, new headliner
3. Retrofit power moonroof assembly (stock-appearing)
4. Something else...

I'd go with option 2 or maybe 3 if I could get a factory-stock appearing assembly and install.

Thoughts?

There were only 1035 built...and less then a 100 left....if you look real hard you will see maybe 10-15 come up for sale yearly...and a few are the same car...I monitor the Limiteds weekly

FYI---Burgandy on tan---I sold the exact car 2 years ago with 24k miles...almost as clean as that one...

FUNNY thing...I couldnt get $13k on here for it ...and sold it for a lot more off the board....I had it advertised here for almost 2 months....though I did not get over $20k for it...just a little less...

So winers...dont whine....I have a gorgeous blue Limited still sitting in my warehouse..a hell of a lot nicer combo then the white one on here now...

GUESS what ..I am asking $13k....no buyers...

This board sucks to sell a car on........

Again there will be a time when these rare ass cars are bought QUICK....and not picked on by tire kickers....

I knew you would chime in... I never reply to these posts but I know the owner of the car you are referring to and know what he paid which was not "..a lot more than $13k". I believe it had 37k miles. still close to it as he babies it pretty well. For the record it is a super clean car that was as he feels fairly represented and he was happy with the price he paid.

That all being said, you're right, it can be a real pain to sell cars or parts on this board.

I know that roof can be repaired but I think I would leave it alone, not worth the hassle/possible damage to other areas to try to fix. Looks like it was cut between the roof braces, so just sheet metal to weld in and paint and a new headliner. I like it though.

There are thousands of people who own these cars that don't even own a computer! And there are even more of them that own limiteds and never come on these forums if they do get on line or they just lurk. It is totally impossible to even TRY to put a number on the amount that are left. I know of many limiteds with super low miles in storage by big collectors. 90% of the people on these forums will be long gone in the dirt 6 feet down before they even surface. They just get passed on from generation to generation and no one will ever see or know.

How about this limited? Leather tan gut all 100% stock untouched with the original Eagle GT's on it. This guy never comes on the turbo Buick forums and he owns 2 others with rare options including a 87 astro roof GN that's loaded with odd rare options. This limited is just shy of 20K. Comes out maybe 2 or 3 times a year.

4630146468_61b4659baa_b.jpg

4629544669_9aef82a256_b.jpg

Just took those pics today. But there is no way you can even possibly think of a number on how many are left. You'll be way off every time.

it is a basis of averages

look at wreckedexotics.com.....EXPENSIVE CARS DESTOYED DAILY....

Not some old Buick from 20 years ago....they are at the bottom of the list for saving...right next to a mid eighty corvette....some people cared and most just trashed them

In 24 years do you think all these cars were collector items and put away? only a handful....

saying that the guy owns a few or you know of a few more is double digit number not a triple digit number....

I will continue to say under 100...

I deal with cars daily..see as many as 10000 cars a month run through auctions and so on....I know cars....

500,000-700,000 cars are crushed and stolen and recycled DAILY...

Cars are not a people...they are recycled here in America and only a few are saved....compare that to the old Hemis or z28 camaros...only a few of them are left as well...why? Most people dont care about a car like the little circle we are in here...most people dump one for another and move on...

IT IS SILLY TO THINK 75% OF THEM ARE LEFT...That is insane...

They are not ferraris buddy they are Buicks...nobody gave a ****...

I will say there are more then likely less then half of the GNXs around as well..and these were so called collectible in their time...this is a great example here...so more people decided to keep their Limiteds and sell off or just run the GNXs into the ground? FUNNY....

i have seen atleast 10 GNX's that looked like they were about to go into the grave over the last 15 years....rusted to hell and barely running enough to hit 60 mph in 20 sec. .....
A car is a car...they get stolen and wrecked all the time..mostly these old TR's that had a very small following ...

WOW! Put the pipe down turn off the computer and go sit outside for awhile. Now I see what these guys are talking about! whew. :eek:

Not some old Buick from 20 years ago....they are at the bottom of the list for saving...right next to a mid eighty corvette....some people cared and most just trashed them

In 24 years do you think all these cars were collector items and put away? only a handful....

saying that the guy owns a few or you know of a few more is double digit number not a triple digit number....

I deal with cars daily..see as many as 10000 cars a month run through auctions and so on....I know cars....

Cars are not a people...they are recycled here in America and only a few are saved....compare that to the old Hemis or z28 camaros...only a few of them are left as well...why? Most people dont care about a car like the little circle we are in here...most people dump one for another and move on...

I will say there are more then likely less then half of the GNXs around as well..and these were so called collectible in their time...this is a great example here...so more people decided to keep their Limiteds and sell off or just run the GNXs into the ground? FUNNY....

i have seen atleast 10 GNX's that looked like they were about to go into the grave over the last 15 years....rusted to hell and barely running enough to hit 60 mph in 20 sec. .....
A car is a car...they get stolen and wrecked all the time..mostly these old TR's that had a very small following ...

I go to auctions everyday during the week too and have sold many many cars, that doesn't mean ****. I know many people that have been in the car biz for decades and have dealt in all types of cars, and guess what not many know **** about cars further than what they think they are worth. Most car dealers are car stupid I like to call it, meaning they absolutely nothing about the cars they sell. Saying there are less than 100 cars left out of 1035 after 23 years is just stupid, all that statement says is you're an idiot nothing more.

This guys a joker. Throwing Hemi cars in there... THEY WERE RARE WHEN THEY CAME OUT!!!!!!!! :eek:
On a side note does anyone have any REAL WORLD numbers in regards to the total number of Limiteds that were made with leather? I've read in the past 499 does that sound accurate?

Hmmm let me (hit Bong)... (choke)... (ahhhhh) errr ok Let me figure out exactly how many Limiteds are left

x3+Cx+D = 0. Write x = p+q. Then p3q3 = -C3/27; p3+q3 = -D. So, p3,q3 y2+Dy-C3/27 = 0, so y = {-D±Ö(D2+4C3/27)}/2 One solution is p3, the other is q3. Therefore

x = ì
í
î

-D+Ö(D2+4C3/27) 2

ü
ý
þ
[SIZE=-1]1/3[/SIZE]

+ ì
í
î

-D-Ö(D2+4C3/27) 2

ü
ý
þ
[SIZE=-1]1/3[/SIZE]

There are thousands of people who own these cars that don't even own a computer! And there are even more of them that own limiteds and never come on these forums if they do get on line or they just lurk. It is totally impossible to even TRY to put a number on the amount that are left. I know of many limiteds with super low miles in storage by big collectors. 90% of the people on these forums will be long gone in the dirt 6 feet down before they even surface. They just get passed on from generation to generation and no one will ever see or know.

How about this limited? Leather tan gut all 100% stock untouched with the original Eagle GT's on it. This guy never comes on the turbo Buick forums and he owns 2 others with rare options including a 87 astro roof GN that's loaded with odd rare options. This limited is just shy of 20K. Comes out maybe 2 or 3 times a year.

4630146468_61b4659baa_b.jpg

4629544669_9aef82a256_b.jpg

Just took those pics today. But there is no way you can even possibly think of a number on how many are left. You'll be way off every time.

Hello Jim & Fellow Turbo Buick Enthusiasts,

Nice pictures Jim of our mutal friends car (wont mention name with respect to the owner!). Like the owner of this gorgous, virtually untouched white 1987 Buick Turbo Regal Limited, I am also one of the Proud and Few of the 1 of 1035 Turbo Regal Limiteds. I am fortunate to own, what I may believe is one of the highest optioned Turbo Regal Limited's out there. Some of you know my car as the aka Reggie Jackson car as my car was once owner by the man himself, Reggie Jackson Ex New York Yankees Hall of Fame (1993) #44 Mr. October (1977) baseball player. I have been fortunate and spoke to Mr. Jackson on several occasions regarding my car and it's funny out of several GNX's and over six or seven (he can't remember as he has had a lot cars :eek:) he doesn't really remember to much about his Grand Nationals other then the color but he does remember my Limited as it color code #31 - Dark Metallic Blue with a flawless Tan leather Doeskin interior. My car had only 2600 miles up until 1999 and currently shows about 12,---. Although he did not drive the Limited that much as he owns so many cars, he said it was one of the nicest running and tighest shifting of all the Buick Turbo Regal cars he ever owned including the GNX's. My car was expensive back in the day and came in just shy of $20K as the original window sticker is still on the passenger window and has never been removed! :eek: It was originally sold by a dealer in St. Charles, IL which sadly just closed about 6 months ago. I have spoken to the original salesman for my car and he also remembers it by it's color at the time being the unique blue and tan leather interior. Some other rare options it has are the factory astroof, blackout package, twilight sentinal, factory blockheater (cord has never been unwound), my car comes in at 101 options on the SPID trunk label which is signed by the late Rollin Saunders aka Molly and Reggie Jackson as well which he signed it visiting a New Yorks Yankees away from home game... he was very emotional when he saw the car as he had not seen or drived it in over 12 years! I think he wanted to buy it back but my baby will never be for sale!

The gentleman that owns the gorgous 1987 White Turbo Regal Limited in Philly Jim's pictures is one of the most nicest knowledgeable car enthusiasts you wish you could ever meet. A true gentleman and car nut in every sense of the word. I have been fortunate to be able to study his car very closely for the few Kirban Open houses it has attended. This car is incredible! The underneath looks like the day it rolled off the assembly line at the Pontiac G Body final assembly in MI and still has all the original, immaculate (read not rusted or coroded) exhaust, right down to the muffler! If memory serves correct, I believe the mileage is just a little less then 19K and it looks like a 4K mile car in my humble opinion! Did I say this car was nice! :) The owner really takes care of his vehicles and details them incredibly. Not to sound boastfull, my Limited is nice but this one is what I strive for mine to be because of the attention of detail and correctness the owner has given to preserving his Limited! :cool:

I would say at least 300 to 400 Turbo Limiteds left.......

There are probably more than 400 GNX's left....unless they were almost destroyed in an accident they were repaired even when they were only a few years old.....

Pete

Lets start counting

Heres a future project of mine.

Attachments

• 000_0318.jpg
    000_0318.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 1,311
Why does this constantly happen anytime a frickin Limited comes up in these threads? Seriously rediculous. Why cant we talk about Limiteds anymore on this site without his dipsh*t chiming in with his stupid fake statistics and changing every thread into crap? Jesus, it's almost a plague on this board that doesnt allow us to actually talk about the cars and the real life stats, options, build sheets, etc.

there has to be way more than 100. i can think of 5 off the top of my head in philly. there's gotta be at least 10 - 15 in philly. how many major cities are there in the US?

Limited info

There were 3 Limiteds for sale at Norwalk.
1. My car - Black w/ tan leather 7,500.
2. Black w/ grey leather and astroroof 6,950.
3. Black w/ burgandy cloth for 14,200.

None sold. The market sucks.

I've been around really good body guys for the past 20+ years, and I personally don't think the hole in the roof can just be welded up and repainted. Way too much flat sheetmetal. Although, I guess anything is possible if you use enough putty. The only way to do it right would be to replace the entire roof panel right at the factory joints.

I've been around really good body guys for the past 20+ years, and I personally don't think the hole in the roof can just be welded up and repainted. Way too much flat sheetmetal. Although, I guess anything is possible if you use enough putty. The only way to do it right would be to replace the entire roof panel right at the factory joints.

Agreed, replace the entire roof panel. If you had a large hole missing in your fender, hood, quarter panel, etc you could patch it. However to look proper you'd want to replace the whole panel.

I see three viable options here if this gem were mine:
+) Replace the roof panel, paint to match
+) Retrofit a factory CF5 AstroRoof assembly, probable paint & headliner work
+) Leave it alone, it is after all part of the car's history (we're all witnesses)

-Tim

Just an FYI but all your posts like this are a huge reason many people may be put off and the biggest reason why *I* didn't buy that blue limited you had for sale and paid cash for a benx to play with instead. Selling online isn't easy, but coming across like a loose cannon with a few screws gone upstairs makes people reluctant to deal with you.