My Experience with Motor & Trans Build by Nick Micale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad you all resolved this and hopefully will remain on good terms here after. Life is too short... Respect to you both!

If can't delete maybe change title to problem w vendor resolved or something to that effect.

This thread should remain even if locked as Charlief1 has stated.

It not only looks good for the owner/mods of the board that interference between disputes is unbiased but also fair.

By not taking sides and not interfering except to shut down the occasional troll instigating or elevating emotions from either party the staff/owner proves it is better to stay on the sidelines and let the people involved work it out or not.

The purpose of the feedback section is to show who the good and bad vendors are so we can make an informed decision on what vendors we want to spend our money with and or support them so they may continue to stay in business and support this very small community which needs all the help a dedicated vendor brings.

I'm happy that I finally have the pleasure of seeing a bad situation turn positive. To many feedback threads end up with the buyer ranting on without any resolve of the problem.

Regardless of the outcome, feedback threads generally will show the character of one or both parties involved which helps the readers of said threads make educated decisions on where they will spend their hard earned money.

This thread is a testament of why threads shouldn't be deleted. The politicians of this country have deleted enough history to change the future and look where that has gotten us.

Last edited:
I do agree with what's been said, and it is surely an excellent example of how things can be worked out. However again, deleting the thread was something I promised Nick, based on my belief I had that ability as the OP. So while the TR Community may appreciate its value, I hope that as the moderator stated, Nick has the option of speaking with owner of the board if he chooses. I can fully understand that Nick would prefer that the whole thing be nixed. At a minimum, psycho6cyl's suggestion to change the title would be my 2nd choice (1st, to honor my agreement with Nick to delete it), so that prospective customers don't read just that, and get such a strongly negative first impression of Nick. They may not take the time to read through (9 pages as of now), or read to the end to see that Nick resolved the issue.

Ultimately, we must respect the owner of the board's decision. TR owners and vendors significantly benefit from it. I hope we all keep that in mind. I know I will.

I am glad it all worked its way out. The latest experience I have with Nick (hopefully finishing up soon) has gone better than I thought. If it were not for his willingness to help I would have said the hell with it and sold off the car. I think a lot of times customers may not want to pry or aggravate the builder. I know at times I am guilty of this, as I feel so indebted that I don't wish to be a tyrant. Maybe this is part of where things can get misconstrued?

I do agree with what's been said, and it is surely an excellent example of how things can be worked out. However again, deleting the thread was something I promised Nick, based on my belief I had that ability as the OP. So while the TR Community may appreciate its value, I hope that as the moderator stated, Nick has the option of speaking with owner of the board if he chooses. I can fully understand that Nick would prefer that the whole thing be nixed. At a minimum, psycho6cyl's suggestion to change the title would be my 2nd choice (1st, to honor my agreement with Nick to delete it), so that prospective customers don't read just that, and get such a strongly negative first impression of Nick. They may not take the time to read through (9 pages as of now), or read to the end to see that Nick resolved the issue.

Ultimately, we must respect the owner of the board's decision. TR owners and vendors significantly benefit from it. I hope we all keep that in mind. I know I will.

Personally I think you need to learn by this thread. It seems to me that it is regretted, and can be a bit embarrassing. I know it would be to me. But this is the bed, now you must lie in it. Just my opinion. Anything now a days cast in a social media setting can be looked at and determined to be your fate whether good or bad. This information stays live, as it should. I always, read...read, read, then think...sleep on it...give every benefit of a doubt before casting a public thread. A smart man once told me, "Emails are dangerous." I think public forums are even more dangerous.

Personally I think you need to learn by this thread. It seems to me that it is regretted, and can be a bit embarrassing. I know it would be to me. But this is the bed, now you must lie in it. Just my opinion. Anything now a days cast in a social media setting can be looked at and determined to be your fate whether good or bad. This information stays live, as it should. I always, read...read, read, then think...sleep on it...give every benefit of a doubt before casting a public thread. A smart man once told me, "Emails are dangerous." I think public forums are even more dangerous.

A smart man once told me; marry for love not money son.
My answer to that is he never owned a Turbo Buick and gave me ill advice.

Just kidding and wanted to lighten up the mood around here!!

I received the Champion Irons today, inspected them, and they look great. No signs of damage, and fully ported.

Thank you again Nick for your cooperation...and in the end, making it right. I now consider this matter finalized and fully resolved.

While I had suspicions that I might not have a forged crank in the past, seeing proof that the pistons are forged is very encouraging that I also have a forged crank. If I had to bet, I would bet that the motor does have a forged crank. If I discover it doesn't, I will contact NIck privately first to resolve the issue directly before posting any new feedback about that new development.

So...I promised Nick I would delete the thread once I received the heads, but at this point, I do not want to get "in trouble" if I do (don't even know how yet). So I will not try to until a moderator gives me the green light. If the turns out that the thread is to remain, I would at least prefer to retitle it: "My Experience with Motor and Trans Build by Nick Micale" or something similar.

You can edit your title. Go to the first post you made on this thread and over to the right you'll see thread tools. Click that and edit the title.

You can edit your title. Go to the first post you made on this thread and over to the right you'll see thread tools. Click that and edit the title.

Thank you, and done. I'll still wait to hear from a moderator or the owner of the board if this thread is to stay live. As I said, I will honor my agreement to Nick to delete it if Nick wants after discussing with the owner.

At this point the thread is closed. Nick's able to comment if he so desires and if he says he wants it deleted I'll contact Shane, or he can himself. Glad to see this has been worked out.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.