My Experience with Motor & Trans Build by Nick Micale

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a race car, and you, and I and most importantly...Nick knows that.

Again, I have no dog in the hunt but the key statement above stating your "expectations" and the dollar amount you speak of, do not equate.

$10,300 (or less) spent does not equal a TR "race car".

Again, I have no dog in the hunt but the key statement above stating your "expectations" and the dollar amount you speak of, do not equate.

$10,300 (or less) spent does not equal a TR "race car".
I was thinking the same just didn't want to say it! $30k in is lightweight into a turbo Buick race car IMO and I can see there's no where near that in the op's. It isn't half what's in mine....

I also don't believe that hypers have the logo on top. Pretty sure they are on the side in the teflon coating. Only thing on the top of my hypers is the part number.

Okay, Nick may be off the hook with the forged pistons, which is good for me and Nick. I definitely do NOT want to misrepresent him!!! Again, I'm posting this to be 100% honest...and if that means I owe him money, then very good.

I just went in again with the endoscope (originally looking for the notches), and found a long number starting with a...that's right - L. This is a longer number than I see on Summit's site for part numbers, it's probably 7 or 8 digits long. I couldn't make out most of the numbers, but I could distinctly see the L (see pic).

It's hard to turn the scope 360 degrees around the rim, so I'm not 100% sure of no notches, but I couldn't see any. But I did see an arrow in the dish, which might be serving the same purpose as the arrows? The notches indicate toward front of motor, so I'm thinking the arrow indicates the same thing instead.

Attachments

• DSC01926-lr.jpg
    DSC01926-lr.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 110
I was thinking the same just didn't want to say it! $30k in is lightweight into a turbo Buick race car IMO and I can see there's no where near that in the op's. It isn't half what's in mine....

You guys are funny. I'm sure the guy who has $100K-150K in his 7 or 8 second car would agree with me, if you called yours a "race car". If one has built it up/invested with go-fast parts, especially internals, intended to withstand lots of boost, near twice the stock hp, and he intends to...that's right - race it, then it's a race car.

But I'm scratching my head (figuratively speaking of course) wondering why I'm replying. Your points have no value. Despite the fact it looks like Nick did put in forged pistons, with the extensive range of other problems, and lack of ported heads, I still haven't come close to getting my $10K worth. But I'm curious (in your minds)...if I had given Nick $30K, (I've spent $25K in the past, btw, so I know), but I only got $25K worth of work, would I have a better argument? So my point is - what's your point?

You guys are funny. I'm sure the guy who has $100K-150K in his 7 or 8 second car would agree with me, if you called yours a "race car". If one has built it up/invested with go-fast parts, especially internals, intended to withstand lots of boost, near twice the stock hp, and he intends to...that's right - race it, then it's a race car.

But I'm scratching my head (figuratively speaking of course) wondering why I'm replying. Your points have no value. Despite the fact it looks like Nick did put in forged pistons, with the extensive range of other problems, and lack of ported heads, I still haven't come close to getting my $10K worth. But I'm curious (in your minds)...if I had given Nick $30K, (I've spent $25K in the past, btw, so I know), but I only got $25K worth of work, would I have a better argument? So my point is - what's your point?

Keep on scratching your head.

The point is, you're now beginning to wear all of us out with all of your "Feedback" comments, whether they are indeed fact and/or just your opinion.

It now seems you are beginning to back peddle on some of your accusations when some seriously well versed members on the board are questioning your assumptions.

I guess my question would be just how far will this train end up backing up?

You have nothing close to a race car is what I'm saying. No head scratching needed. A 206/206 cam is nothing. You claimed Nick would agree with you that you had a "race car" I have a street car that makes 700+ to the wheels, notice I said STREET CAR?! What I've read from you is you thought you'd send a 4K car to the famous Nick Micale and get a 40k car for 10k. Basic mechanics say that new motors and parts do need to be checked for retorque. Really that in itself is race car matinence!!! For Nick's sake you pretty much saved him in the high performance world as soon as you said it was a race car. ALL OF US WHO HAVE ENGINES THAT MAKE REAL POWER KNOW THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES WITH RACECAR ENGINES. Best of luck with your project.

Last edited:
Keep on scratching your head.

The point is, you're now beginning to wear all of us out with all of your "Feedback" comments, whether they are indeed fact and/or just your opinion.

It now seems you are beginning to back peddle on some of your accusations when some seriously well versed members on the board are questioning your assumptions.

I guess my question would be just how far will this train end up backing up?

No, that wasn't your point. And you're speaking for yourself, but trying to fatten your argument by lying (because I know you didn't take a poll and ask everyone who's read this) and saying everyone is getting tired. I can't stand when people lie, you, Nick anyone. So be quiet, or speak the truth. I have. If you don't like what I'm writing, then stop reading it (unsubscribe).

I'm not back peddling, I'm learning that a person who said he was "positive" I had hyper pistons was mistaken. But instead of respecting that I've immediately revealed what I've learned, you're more interested in degrading the quality of this thread. So guess what, I'm done with you. Unless you have something of value to say, it will be ignored.

Last edited:
I wasnt going to post on this. But obviously he did not do his homework. So he should delete this like he did on his car for sale ad

No, that wasn't your point. And you're speaking for yourself, but trying to fatten your argument by lying (because I know you didn't take a poll and ask everyone who's read this) and saying everyone is getting tired. I can't stand when people lie, you, Nick anyone. So be quite, or speak the truth. I have. If you don't like what I'm writing, then stop reading it (unsubscribe).

I'm not back peddling, I'm learning that a person who said he was "positive" I had hyper pistons was mistaken. But instead of respecting that I've immediately revealed what I've learned, you're more interested in degrading the quality of this thread. So guess what, I'm done with you. Unless you have something of value to say, it will be ignored.

OK, I'll be "quite" going forward, unless you step on your dick again.

It's just that it seems that along with what you asked Nick to do, you want to blame him for every existing problem the ROACH you bought and have said already existed, is his fault, too.

Last edited:
I wasnt going to post on this. But obviously he did not do his homework. So he should delete this like he did on his car for sale ad

Well, I wrote three pages about Nick..and it wasn't three pages about lack of forged pistons. Maybe you should re-read the original 3 pages? Re-read and know that the forged pistons no longer applies. Simple.

And get a stronger addition when you're trying to fatten up your effort to slam a guy (with that brutal car for sale mention). I'm not out to slam Nick. I would've written the post without the forged pistons issue. Have you forgotten about all the other things I wrote, including the lack of ported heads?

Hey, if you want to have your next motor built by Nick after reading my feedback, you know you can. I have no interest in the opinions of those who don't find the value in my feedback. Some will, some won't. Some will be more interested in commenting like you have. Go for it. You're one of those I didn't write it for. I've had several others PM me and mention their issues with Nick, several that have tagged this post as informative, and as I mentioned, it's not all about forged pistons. Seriously...you're one of those that just likes to hassle people. Admirable.

I'm happy to clear his name as far as the forged pistons...he's done plenty of misconduct aside from that, which I've described.

You have nothing close to a race car is what I'm saying. No head scratching needed. A 206/206 cam is nothing. You claimed Nick would agree with you that you had a "race car" I have a street car that makes 700+ to the wheels, notice I said STREET CAR?! What I've read from you is you thought you'd send a 4K car to the famous Nick Micale and get a 40k car for 10k. Basic mechanics say that new motors and parts do need to be checked for retorque. Really that in itself is race car matinence!!! For Nick's sake you pretty much saved him in the high performance world as soon as you said it was a race car. ALL OF US WHO HAVE ENGINES THAT MAKE REAL POWER KNOW THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES WITH RACECAR ENGINES. Best of luck with your project.

I'm not going take us any closer to high school and respond to your post. You're insulting both of our mentalities by writing this stuff. I'll only say - good for you...you have a 700 whp STREET CAR! FYI...I didn't claim Nick would agree with me that I have a race car.

But you just reminded me of something else that Nick did that I didn't appreciate. I wanted him to put in a bigger cam (212/208) cam like I had in my other GN, and he just said he was going to put in the 206/206 cam. I didn't like that he was telling me what he did with my car...actually - he wasn't even sure what cam he put in. And on the invoice, it only says "new cam"...one of my many complaints. Now I have to have a test done to check the lift and determine what cam I actually have. It feels extremely mild, and I'm not one bit happy about it. I suspect it may be a stock cam! Regardless, in all likelihood, I'll need to put in a bigger cam. So there, I agree - a 206/206 is nothing.

But seriously...I'm not here to get off on tangents like this. This is feedback post. I'm going to stick to it. If you have questions or comments about what Nick did, then those are appropriate questions or comments to make on this thread. Otherwise, you're just showing your immaturity. And the more I respond, just shows mine. So I will bow out now.

Terbro, I'm curious after reading all of this what exactly would it take to make you happy ?

Great question...but that's not the purpose of this post. It's simply feedback so others will be informed. But to answer your question - I already answered that a few posts back...that Nick send me the motor I asked for, which has ported heads, I just remembered...the cam I wanted (larger than he thinks he put in; 206/206), and reimbursement for the probably 40 hours of time I've spent troubleshooting all off Nick's shoddy workmanship. I have a significant oil leak I still can't figure out (after probably spending 10 hours trying). I'm just hoping it's the oil pan gasket. My fear is it's coming from the back of the block...possibly the rear main seal. It might be...I see oil coming from that area. It's hard to know if it's getting flung back from the wind.

But that's not practical, so this isn't a matter of making me happy. I didn't get the motor I wanted, and so now I either have to live with it, or decide whether I want to dump another $3K into it to get the ported heads, cam, and resolve the oil leak. And let's not forget...it's still not running right. I'm making serious progress, but it still needs to be dialed in.

Max ported heads for 300 dollars

The conversation with Nick started like this: Hey, so I'm thinking about Champion Irons. Can your machine shop guys port heads? Yeah, I can have your heads ported. And I think I asked him about the price and I don't remember what he said, or we got distracted with some other topic. Next thing I knew, I see the invoice as it is. I wasn't going to argue about the price. BUT! I kept asking him about the heads porting to remind him, specifically because I was concerned about it...and he just didn't seem like he wanted to talk about it much. And as I said in my original post, that's when I got suspicious. Why? BECAUSE IT WAS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME!!! I would've gladly paid for ported heads, paid for Champion Irons and had them sent to him. I didn't care about the hot deal...I wanted the actual porting.

So don't hassle me about the price! I'm curious how some people are turning this into a let's tease or taunt the OP. I guess I should've expected that there'd be those with that mentality on this board. Wait until something like this happens to you, and see how you feel when you give the most objective feedback possible, and get people making fun.

Time to grow up a bit guys...I'm trying to do you a favor and give you a heads up. No appreciation for that? Fine...maybe just keep quiet.

I'm not going take us any closer to high school and respond to your post. You're insulting both of our mentalities by writing this stuff. I'll only say - good for you...you have a 700 whp STREET CAR! FYI...I didn't claim Nick would agree with me that I have a race car.

But you just reminded me of something else that Nick did that I didn't appreciate. I wanted him to put in a bigger cam (212/208) cam like I had in my other GN, and he just said he was going to put in the 206/206 cam. I didn't like that he was telling me what he did with my car...actually - he wasn't even sure what cam he put in. And on the invoice, it only says "new cam"...one of my many complaints. Now I have to have a test done to check the lift and determine what cam I actually have. It feels extremely mild, and I'm not one bit happy about it. I suspect it may be a stock cam! Regardless, in all likelihood, I'll need to put in a bigger cam. So there, I agree - a 206/206 is nothing.

But seriously...I'm not here to get off on tangents like this. This is feedback post. I'm going to stick to it. If you have questions or comments about what Nick did, then those are appropriate questions or comments to make on this thread. Otherwise, you're just showing your immaturity. And the more I respond, just shows mine. So I will bow out now.

Bigger cam then a stock or a 206/206.

How fast are you trying to go?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.