my experience at KDK Performance, Orlando

bradofflorida

I am writing this so spread the word about the best shop I have ever worked with.

I live about an hour and a half from KDK(owner Kevin D King), and have used his shop on two occaisions for a fairly major set of repairs/upgrades. They have an extremely experience staff, many of which are TR owners themselves. They a have a Superflow dyno for tuning.

For my car, they have done a vaccum brake conversion, timing chain, front & rear seals, chip, intake, added a guage, water pump, added braces, XP pump and adj regulator, and other items. I can not exaggerate how fantastic of a job they have done. Their prices are reasonable and their mechanics are extremely experienced with Turbo Regals.

On the second trip, which was just this week, they managed to get my car in and out in one day, and got more work done than you would think is possible. There were between one and three mechanics working on the car at all times, and they were at it from 8am to 7pm so that I would not have to stay overnight.

The are also doing work with other domestic fuel injected cars, including LS1 and LT1. They are about to start on a supercharged & twin intercooled 2003 Z06 Corvette.

Their number is 407-298-2706

6550 Edgewater Drive, Orlando, FL 32810
I4 to Lee Rd exit, west on Lee Rd to Edgewater, right on edgewater, it is right after Edgewater narrows to one lane each direction instead of four

EEEEEXCELLENT !!!

I too have found a great garage in Merrimack New Hampshire. The key tech owns 2 GN's and a Turbo Trans Am. He enjoyed working on my car and I have had the same stuff replaced. There a little expensive...but you can't bring your car anyplace. Anyways I just wanted to say the GOLD MINE is going to get more attention than the COAL MINE !!! if you were a mechanic and had a choice of working on a 87 Buick Grand National or a honda civic......which would you put more time & effort into.
The point being.....It is absolutely great to have someone who knows what the F*#$ they are doing....That is priceless.:cool:
Good Luck finding Mechs that know !:eek:

Yup, Kevin and staff are good people. A trustworthy shop is hard to come by, I wish that shop relocated to Knoxville when I did :)

Mike