My daughter sT vs 2 ...

kraus

Well i recently bought a 87 Turbo T for my daughter who is 12.Its isa father daughter project that she is taking the joys of fixing and making here own.So i finally got all the bugs worked out ,correct chip alky tuned in and set for 20 psi with zero knock.A buddy of mine calls and says were going down to Hwy 100 in milwaukee.Asks if i am intreasted in going,At first i am like na not really intreasted in going,thanks anyways.So i hang up and go on about my day.Ten minutes or so later my Buddy Jason calls ask what's up for later.So i explain nothing really,unless want to go to milwaukee.
So we drive down in my daughters T ,cruise the strip awhile then park at the local spot,sit and relax nothing major.Hour goes by a group of us jump in the cars go for a lap.So were driving around 10 minutes or so.I see these two 4th gen camaro's messng with each other.So i sit back and watch the show for a bit .They both slow down and speed up,then slow down speed up.I get fed up i go to the far right right lane being it is 3 lanes.I just about ready to roll past them and the light ahead turns red.So i stop,both Camaro pull up and both are revving at each other.
My buddy- goes there going at green.
me-I say yep.
my buddy-He ask you going with them.

So I run the rpm's to 1700 and 3psi,stock radial tire vs et streets there both running.So light changes i roll into it about half throttle,till mid intersection then i pound it to the floor.By this time ther already about a car ahead.I'm thinking crap i'm done.Boost gauge smacks 20psi and wham i am right side by side with them.Hit second i just edge the Camaro in the center who is just edging the other Camaro.Hits third we are all neck and neck.I here the guy next to me shift into fourth, I look at th rpm gauge time to shift.Just as I hit the shifter into fourth they both let off.I was about a fender ahead of the middle car and about half car ahead of the other car.

So we pull in to a local spot ,the Camaro's follow.I park get out and walk towards other freinds.Guy asked whats all done,i tell him a few bolt ons etc.My other buddy yell's it just grandma's buick.Guy laughs and says well grandma's buick is pretty fast for a Buick.I laugh and say even fast for a 12 year old girls first car.

Neither guy could believe that this stock looking Buick was laying the smack down after they both out launched me.It was one of those moments i wish i had a camera...
me-Yep we are.

You are going to have to put a block of wood under the gas pedal for her.....:biggrin:

She's going to have boys lined up to "date" her. She'll be smart enough not to let them drive.:wink:

cool 1st car

all i have to say is wow, hope you cherish the time it takes to complete it so she gets better knowledge of the car. i'm more then sure she'll have one of the fastest cars at school when it comes time. lucky daughter though.

Good kill. :biggrin: Nice first car for the daughter! Hopefully she appreciates it and takes care of it!

On a side note, as an owner of a built LS1 T/A I know the arrogance the LS1 f-body guys can have. Personally, ever since I bought my Buick (off of my mom of all places) I've been getting weird looks and questions like, "So what made you buy one of these..?"... or.. "Didn't these only run like, 14s from the factory..?" from my LS1 "buddies". I say F 'em! I hate to be the ones to rub it in thier faces when this thing pulls faster times with bolt ons than thiers does with more work done, but so be it! Honestly, I like just about anything GM, but I hate ignorance..

She's going to have boys lined up to "date" her. She'll be smart enough not to let them drive.:wink:

Funny you say this cause my buddies sya the same thing.Then they all tyell me the first date they will all be at my house waiting to meet the young man.Mind you two of my freinds are 6'7 and 6'11 about 250 each,i don't think ant boys will be trying anything funny after meeting them.Not to mention my daughter is got to put up with alot of my freinds picking on her,so she don't take no ****...

all i have to say is wow, hope you cherish the time it takes to complete it so she gets better knowledge of the car. i'm more then sure she'll have one of the fastest cars at school when it comes time. lucky daughter though.

she has been learing the basics of tps,iac counts,and tuning things.She is also watching the scanmaster we'll we drive it around she is constatly flipping through it checking things out.

Good kill. :biggrin: Nice first car for the daughter! Hopefully she appreciates it and takes care of it!

On a side note, as an owner of a built LS1 T/A I know the arrogance the LS1 f-body guys can have. Personally, ever since I bought my Buick (off of my mom of all places) I've been getting weird looks and questions like, "So what made you buy one of these..?"... or.. "Didn't these only run like, 14s from the factory..?" from my LS1 "buddies". I say F 'em! I hate to be the ones to rub it in thier faces when this thing pulls faster times with bolt ons than thiers does with more work done, but so be it! Honestly, I like just about anything GM, but I hate ignorance..

She has already helped do alot of things in the car,replaced the floor carpet all the door rubber seals,removed all the stock pullies blasted and had them powedercoated,replaced both valvecover gaskets,and replaced the spark plugs.She is always looking for something on the car she can clean up or replace if it is needed.She is always listening to other car people on what there car runs, and what they are running at the track,and if she has a question she is not afraid to ask.She recently shocked me when she got the mail and showed her new edition of gm hightech that she paid for just to read up on her competition as she called it....She will defintly be just smiling and letting her car do the talking when she gets older...:biggrin:

Nice Kill....:biggrin: :biggrin: I wish my dad would have gotten me such a cool car as my first car. I hope she appreciates it.

thanks guys ,i am at that point in my life were i am giving my daughter things i never had,but she has to earn them ,and believe me she will be responsible with the car or else.....

i'm glad i didn't get anything nice like that for my first car... I wrecked the **** out of my first (a lumina). On the 4th wreck i finally totalled it, all before my junior year. girls tend to be better drivers though. sounds like you're bringing her up right for sure though!

That awesome to hear things like this! Just wait until she is older and not only smokes some kid in his F-Body or Mustang, but can tell him that she built it herself and understands it! Most guys with modded cars cant even say that because it was bought not built.. I am teching my girlfriend what things mean on Power Logger because she is usually my audiable scan tool when im driving. Im teaching her now becuase i think when i get out of school she will be doing the building on a turbo LS1 Vette!