My Current Build (Pics)

jevans

Thought I would post a few pics of my current build, It not a GN or Turbo but It's a pretty neat build that's gonna make some good power. It's a '88 notchback, minitubbed w/ stock framerails and adjustable ladderbars. The power comes from a 400 C.I. Geardriven F-2 Procharger w/ Stage II Water Injection. It's been a 3 year project and is in the final stages of the build. Should be complete by April to run Xtreme Street, True Street and some Drag Radial classes...John

05-29-07006.jpg

06-18-07006.jpg

03-14-06024.jpg

02-03-07006.jpg

Looks GREAT!!

What size rear wheel/tire are you running? Love the stance!!

thanks Rick...The Slicks are M/T 29.5X10.5X15S on 12" wheels w/ 6" bs, the radial set is BFG's 295/65R15 on 11" wheels w/ 6" bs...John

Who is doing the tuning on the blow through? Ran one that way several years ago and the tuning was a nitemare. I've heard that the carb tech has really improved on the blow-thru but just wondering. Nice setup by the way. Jon

Who is doing the tuning on the blow through? Ran one that way several years ago and the tuning was a nitemare. I've heard that the carb tech has really improved on the blow-thru but just wondering. Nice setup by the way. Jon

thanks Jon...The carb is a 900 CFM Billet Aerosol w/ Pro Bowls from C&S Specialties. The tuning will be done by Bill Lutz and Lee Howie...John

03-14-06002.jpg

I've seen a couple of the C&S carbs around but not many. Man the billet bowls look awsome. Where is the injection point for the water kit? Any guess at dyno numbers yet? I've had five of the old fox bodies. Were a lot of fun. What block is that? Looks like a Dart but can't really tell. What kind of flow #s on the heads? Sorry for the questions but Man I miss my noch. Jon

I've seen a couple of the C&S carbs around but not many. Man the billet bowls look awsome. Where is the injection point for the water kit? Any guess at dyno numbers yet? I've had five of the old fox bodies. Were a lot of fun. What block is that? Looks like a Dart but can't really tell. What kind of flow #s on the heads? Sorry for the questions but Man I miss my noch. Jon

Jon, The water is injected with 2 adjustable high pressure nozzles in front of the procharger. The dyno numbers should be around 1200 HP with conservative tune and 1600 HP with race gas. The block is a Dart block, the heads are AFR 225's that flow 300 Intake and 240 Exhaust @ .700...thanks for interest...John

Procharger and Injection Ring

01-15-07006.jpg

01-15-07005.jpg

Fuel Pumps and Water Injection Pumps

12-27-06005.jpg

Awesome! Love the coupes. 2nd favorite car next to a GN. So what kinda numbers will she lay down?

Have you looked into the effects having the injection point pre-compressor? There are many benifits of injecting post-compressor. The only draw back is the refrence pressure being a rising rate. If done between the compressor and carb the latent heat removal is better. The reason is the atomazation and thus evaporation is not hampered. As the water is injested by the compressor it will centrufuse into the housing and condensate exiting as larger droplets instead if the fine mist you see going in. Just food for thought. Good luck Jon Hanson

Awesome! Love the coupes. 2nd favorite car next to a GN. So what kinda numbers will she lay down?

thanks Brett...the GN that I just purchased is the first performance car other than Mustangs that I've owned. I've always had a eye for the notches. We're thinking that it should run some solid high 7 seconds numbers...John

Have you looked into the effects having the injection point pre-compressor? There are many benifits of injecting post-compressor. The only draw back is the refrence pressure being a rising rate. If done between the compressor and carb the latent heat removal is better. The reason is the atomazation and thus evaporation is not hampered. As the water is injested by the compressor it will centrufuse into the housing and condensate exiting as larger droplets instead if the fine mist you see going in. Just food for thought. Good luck Jon Hanson

Jon...My combination and set-up is something that is new to me, I've always been a nitrous guy. I purchased the Geardrive, Blower and Water Injection set-up from The Supercharger Store. They have used this set-up on quite a few cars and boats and have done really well with it. When planning this build I had the engine builder (Fox Lake), power adder (The Supercharger Store) and induction (C&S Specialities) all work together on combination. Hopefully we'll hit the nail on the head with this set-up...John

Any pics of the interior? That thing is just wicked! So what's she weigh now?

Any pics of the interior? That thing is just wicked! So what's she weigh now?

I don't have any pics with the finished interior yet. We are at the paint stage right now, we're painting the engine compartment, jambs and we molded a blower inlet hole in the bumper cover. Hopefully we'll finish the build in the next couple months. We scaled the car when it was at the chassis shop and we're thinking it will weigh around 2750 to 2800 lbs, with me in the car we'll be adding around 250 to 300 lbs of ballast to get to race weight of 3250. Here's a few additional pics...

Custom 9" built by ARK Hot Rods...

07-26-07009.jpg

25.5 Cage...

07-17-07016.jpg

Undercarriage...

07-17-07020.jpg

Molded Blower Inlet hole in bumber cover...

09-16-07007.jpg

Engine compartment getting ready for paint...

01-06-08014.jpg

just sick, Thats how you build a fox body! Love the smoothed fire wall and inlet air horn in the bumper

Is there anything about that car that isn't just awesome? Just outta curiosity how much does that rear go for? Not cutting many corners I see. I hear ya, If ur gonna do it, do it right I guess even if it takes longer.

That's some really nice fab work on the cage. I'm sure the guys on the Corral.net must be drooling....;) You must have posted there too as well. Look foward to the finished project.

I guess this is you? Ark Hot Rods John Evan's Mustang

Is there anything about that car that isn't just awesome? Just outta curiosity how much does that rear go for? Not cutting many corners I see. I hear ya, If ur gonna do it, do it right I guess even if it takes longer.

That's some really nice fab work on the cage. I'm sure the guys on the Corral.net must be drooling....;) You must have posted there too as well. Look foward to the finished project.

I guess this is you? Ark Hot Rods John Evan's Mustang

Thanks for the compliments Brett, I really appreciate it. I've put a lot of time as well as a bunch of money in this build to get it where it's at. It's going on three years in the build, so it's nice to get some feedback on project. I think I probably have around 4000.00 in the rearend complete. I can't say enough good stuff about the guys at ARK Hot Rods, they really try to give each person that comes through thier doors exactly what they want. I have the progress of this build posted on turbomustangs, I'll post a link. I'm looking forward to the completed project, It's been a long time coming...John

GEARDRIVEN F-2 PROCHARGER ... Updated Pics 12-03-07