My car hates me ( wont start ) Please help !!!

BOP4ever

I finally get it back in the car and guess what it wont start...
It is kicking back on the starter like when it tries...
20 years of playing with cars and I've never had so many PITA problems as this black sob...
Sorry pretty frustrated with it...

First I am told Number 1 cylinder is front driverside Id assumed it anyway... I read it was front passenger on here today...
Coil pack has numbers for wires I am told it is wired front row to the passenger side but they are odd numbers on that side...so that would say the passenger side is number 1.... my GN friend that has had these cars for ever and should know says it is the driverside.... so does the picture on the caspers site.... I found...
I used the casper plug in box to set the cam sensor bringing # 1 to TDC compression ( driverside front ) followed the included instructions. But if I should have used the other #1 passenger side it is wrong...
The pictures I took before tear down say I have the plug wires the correct side front row to the passenger side #1 on the coil pack on the front passenger plug # 3 next #5 in the rear of the coil pack #2 front drivers, 4 next and 6 next.... What is right !!!!!!! I had the crank trigger off but I just took it loose on the studs and the timing lights show it is firing on the front drvers plug anyway.... I smell gas after trying to crank it too...

Cam sensor ????
Plug Wires ????
Crank Sensor ????

The dr side IS the correct location.
DR: 1-3-5
Pass: 2-4-6
You always determine the side by sitting in the dr seat, NOT looking from the radiator.
Sounds like you need to re do the cam sensor setting, and check the plug wires. As you mentioned, the coils are numbered. Look them over.
"It is kicking back on the starter like when it tries..." keep this up, and you can knock the starter off the block, or worse yet, break the block. It's obviously firing on the wrong cyls....

I see the numbers by the coil terminals, but they are not as the picture shows !!
What the heckis going on !!! All this was on the car and working before.

Seems that way.
Can the coil pack be flip flopped and work?
The odd numbers are on the front side.
Maybe this was done by a previous owner ??