My best so far

duber3

After 4 years of tunning and upgrading the car here my best time so far.
my setup, 1986 T-Top GN fully loaded, everything are stock except this :
TT 42lbs injectors with chip
hot wire, walbro 340 fuel pump
te44 at 23lbs
GN1 slic Intercooler
ported elbow by me
Dave Husek LU torque
26x8.5 MT slicks
and race fuel only

my best is this year 11.85@112mph with a 60' of 1.59
best 60' is 1.57

I know that porting the heads will give me much more but I won't to remove it and I won't to raise the boost more, is there something else that can bring me to low 11.
So far I'm pretty happy with the car :D

A good set of heads will gain you abunch of power . Also some new valve springs couldn’t hurt . What kinda Boost ? I would say a alky kit is one of the best investments for a street car . With it you can run 25lbs of Boost safely . When u turn up the Boost that’s when you will feel the power . If you need a set of heads or any port Work shoot me a pm . I’ve been porting strictly buick v6 heads for awhile now .

Also do you have a scanmaster or anything to monitor the motor? That is the very first thing anyone that’s going to mod there GN should get with out it you are flying blind and shooting for the moon meaning you have no clue what’s actully going on with your car and there isn’t much anyone can help you with without any info

Also do you have a scanmaster or anything to monitor the motor? That is the very first thing anyone that’s going to mod there GN should get with out it you are flying blind and shooting for the moon meaning you have no clue what’s actully going on with your car and there isn’t much anyone can help you with without any info
Sorry, I forgot that, yes I have a Scanmaster O2 is at +\-.765 0KR, as for the Alky, for now I prefer the race fuel(my mix give me 108 Octane), is a good 3" downpipe worth it for the setup I have?

Sure it's a simple way but I don't want to push the engine too much with the boost, I think 23lbs is pretty high
beside the boost and the is there something else that I can do or I'm at the point that this setup have give everything ??

I would look into a new downpipe that will help some.

What exhaust?

What's the trap rpms?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I would look into a new downpipe that will help some.

What exhaust?

What's the trap rpms?

The downpipe is stock and I have the 2.5" Pypes exhaust with the race mufflers
as for the RPM I really don't know, I don't have an aftermarket tach

I say put a downpipe on it .

Also Get a powerlogger and a WB chip. That will help some and get us some tunning info

After 4 years of tunning and upgrading the car here my best time so far.
my setup, 1986 T-Top GN fully loaded, everything are stock except this :
TT 42lbs injectors with chip
hot wire, walbro 340 fuel pump
te44 at 23lbs
GN1 slic Intercooler
ported elbow by me
Dave Husek LU torque
26x8.5 MT slicks
and race fuel only

my best is this year 11.85@112mph with a 60' of 1.59
best 60' is 1.57

I know that porting the heads will give me much more but I won't to remove it and I won't to raise the boost more, is there something else that can bring me to low 11.
So far I'm pretty happy with the car :D
I have something for you if your serious pm me

Im running a te44 on a stock motor with 28 psi, 19 timing, husek 3021 lockup and it pulls hard. Alky and 93. Crank that boost up.

On stock heads I ran 29psi with 100% meth injection and 92 octane for two seasons no issues.

OK, a little update, I added a H&R rear sway bar and a TA 3" down pipe, for this year my best is 11.68@113mph, 1.54 in the 60
still with the TE44 at 24psi, I've read a little bit on the TE44, and some were able to touch the 10.
My engine is still stock, block-head-intake, with a stock engine is it possible to run in the 10 with a new turbo, like a TE62?

OK, a little update, I added a H&R rear sway bar and a TA 3" down pipe, for this year my best is 11.68@113mph, 1.54 in the 60
still with the TE44 at 24psi, I've read a little bit on the TE44, and some were able to touch the 10.
My engine is still stock, block-head-intake, with a stock engine is it possible to run in the 10 with a new turbo, like a TE62?
Te62 isn't a new style turbo. You'll gain some in the turbo but don't plan on picking up the .68 you need

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Te62 isn't a new style turbo. You'll gain some in the turbo but don't plan on picking up the .68 you need

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
which turbo can help me picking up the .68 needed and just by changing the turbo will be enough??