My beloved Grand National a "beater"?! Damn, I'm hurt...

Victory

Still A Noob...
It's been called many things but never that :frown:

and, to make matters worse, I was given this by my neighbor who happens to drive a 1987 IROC Z :mad:

Attachments

• GN Old Beater.jpg
    GN Old Beater.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 616
Leave it to some tabloid magazine staff to write about cars they know absolutely nothing about.

The guy can afford to drive anything he wants. I think it's pretty cool he chose a GN and just goes to show how deep these cars run.

Peter

it's either "hey you drive a beater" or "hey i just got my arse handed to me by that beater."

New favorite TR license plate....."buslngths"

Carmen Electra had bought her husband a GN! MMMmmmmm Carmen, the things I would do to her.

I think the angle is that pretentious Stargazers magazine hack writers wouldn't know a good value or what a level headed person just might drive. :p

No matter how much money I had I'd always have a few TR's in the stable that would be driven often. :cool:

I'd have an Aston Martin too, but it wouldn't be seen by any cheesy magazine writer. :rolleyes:

If you are able you see things from other peoples viewpoint, it makes perfect sense. The majority of the public (i.e. non-car people) perceive the GN as a Regal, because drivetrain aside, it IS a Regal. So the majority of the public perceive it as a boxy 80's American beater car.

If you are able you see things from other peoples viewpoint, it makes perfect sense. The majority of the public (i.e. non-car people) perceive the GN as a Regal, because drivetrain aside, it IS a Regal. So the majority of the public perceive it as a boxy 80's American beater car

Very true...Why it makes it even more fun laying down a beating on new mustangs & vette's :biggrin:

I think the angle is that pretentious Stargazers magazine hack writers wouldn't know a good value or what a level headed person just might drive. :p

I think we need to find out who wrote that and get his email address. I would send him one everyday about the BS he wrote.:mad::mad::rolleyes: