my 89 GTA to TTA conversion.

hope you have some sort of Bracing for that Monster turbo,i can just see the V band clamps taking a beating and leaking :smile:

Im planning on changing up the turbo setup by placing the turbo up front forward facing.There will be bracing to hold the turbo. The reason for the change up is because there would be problems mounting the vacuum pump,alt ,and the mechanical fuel pump :cool: with the current turbo configuration. There will also a few other changes so stay tuned.

Engine is coming together shortblock is nearly assembled.

david044.jpg

david045.jpg

more pieces of the puzzle came in today. Heres my SFI approved flywheel

069.jpg

when your going to make torque in the 1400lb range you need a torque convertor that wont blow thru and be able to hold the power. So i called up Art at Coan engineering about my setup. He recommended me the Coan super mega max spragless convertor. I optioned for the bolt together convertor which makes it easy to change stall speed by just swapping the stator.Instead of sending it out to get cut open.

071.jpg

070.jpg

Engine is assembled and dyno broken in ..ready for pick up.

Can't believe I missed this thread til now... This is a sick build. Very nice progress man, and nice fab skills. All you guys building killer cars makes me want to do it!

have you seen how sweet the StainlessWorks Up front and forward look..you have skillz dude..:smile:

where are the VC's from..i like

yeah i agree the forward looks and works great ,makes it easier to route the downpipes. I cant take most of the credit for the fab work as i can barely weld aluminum ,workin on it though. The rest of the credit goes to the few good people helping me along the way. The v-clamps i bought from a chassis guy , i dont know where he got them from.

Progress so far...............downpipes are dual 4"

gta014.jpg

gta015.jpg

gta018.jpg

gta019.jpg

gta022.jpg

gta025.jpg

check out the show quality paint job on the rearend.

007.jpg

I'm loving that downpipe, excellent work so far...

Photos don't do it justice . The downpipes routing and the exhaust tip is alot different
Than norm . I think its pretty innovative ,who knows it might start a trend you seen here first.
With thirdgens there's not that many options to fit 2 4" downpipes .

Well time for an update , looks like all major fab work is done on the car. The plan now is to start working on the interior (seat,dash, fire retardant system etc.) . Also i need to get a nice cowl hood since the stock hood wont fit anymore, there just a few choices for the Firebird unlike the Camaro. Then i need to find some nice wheels for the car ,I was thinking something like the wheel rims with gold centers to match the original gold honeycomb wheel rims. Lastly the car needs to go to the bodyshop for some bodywork and fresh paint (thinking alittle bit of changing the color of the car to white). yep its all odds and ends from here on out.

A66D19BB-1902-4F12-9A12-3E7DE8B3F8EA-137-00000009005C6AB6.jpg