My 8 month HORROR story. What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
112/112? You really think thats what we specced for you? That doesn't even exist?

I don't know a damn thing about cam specs and wrote that myself when I got the bill since no one told me the specs.
So what were the specs for the cam "YOU" didn't order.

[QUOTE="tufbuick,
I am only going to respond to the people involved in this engine build. I don't have time to respond to every post on this thread.

I stepped up like a man to let everyone know we are all human and each and everyone of us makes mistakes. I will not be talked down to like I was, I will not tolerate liars, I always pay for "LEGITIMATE" services rendered and will not tolerate the finger pointing when the motor wasn't looked at "THOROUGHLY". I have gotten texts and E-Mail stories since I posted my thread, from people who have had gripes with this shop that never reached the web.

I paid for inferior work only to be told there is no Knock and then told it must be my mechanics fault. Get your story straight. Stupid I'm not, we all heard the noise and it's still there......so who owes who money at this point ? QUOTE]

YOU POSTED IN THE TURBO LOUNGE “WHERE ANYTHING GOES!” So, the reality is that you are probably lucky it isn’t any worse than it already is!

Here’s a NEWSFLASH for you, this forum (the Turbo Lounge) is one of discussion. Therefore, if you don’t want to answer Coach (or anyone else for that matter), then why in the heck are you even here? I mean, these are elementary rules that are simple to understand, are they not?
And yet, you don’t get that either, now do you?

So, please tell us, why are you here in the first place? As it is quite obvious that you are not interested in getting your car fixed!! Or else you would have accepted the numerous invitations to do that very thing long before now, right?

Please tell us what you want and what you hope to accomplish? That is, aside from making disparaging remarks, whining and making a total arse of yourself (which is one thing that you are doing a very good job of btw). However, other than that you don’t seem to have objective. So what’s your point in doing this? As it’s obviously not fixing your car!!

Last edited:
I'm sure that charge for the cam is for a cam kit ie, ft cam, lifters, springs, push rods, timing set, spring retainers, etc. I assume you didn't have any head porting done since I didn't see a charge for that. The cam is probably something close to stock for unported heads. It's not like they are going to put something massive in there or some super secret squirrel spec'd cam.

Should have been one post by him in the feedback section.

He doesn't want to hear our input. He wants to vent and bash anywhere he can.

Take it to small claims as that seems like the only option for you. Then have your mechanic fix it.

Then show us what was wrong with it.

Or you could just sell it.. that might be the best bet.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Should have been one post by him in the feedback section.

He doesn't want to hear our input. He wants to vent and bash anywhere he can.

Take it to small claims as that seems like the only option for you. Then have your mechanic fix it.

Agreed! But, his Mushtang Mechanic obviously can’t fix it! So, I don’t know what he’s gonna do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree Boost231
Let his pro-mod mustang engine builder who left the intake gasket sucked in fix it since he is being an unreasonable individual with the options that Mr Clark and Xavier have given him, and to have the audacity after being asked to call when they are ready to start the engine so they could be present and solve the issue on the spot
SMH
Popcorn bowl is slowly emptying,slowly

This was from Mr. Mooneys engine during our tear down. Do y'all see any evidence of rod knock? How about those tolerances? Think this would make any noise?

Attachments

• IMG_0308.jpg
    IMG_0308.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_0310.jpg
    IMG_0310.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_0311.jpg
    IMG_0311.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0312.jpg
    IMG_0312.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0313.jpg
    IMG_0313.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_0314.jpg
    IMG_0314.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_0315.jpg
    IMG_0315.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_0316.jpeg
    IMG_0316.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0317.jpg
    IMG_0317.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 172
I've been watching this WHOLE thread and when it comes TO YOUR TRUSTED MECHANIC...............

This was from Mr. Mooneys engine during our tear down. Do y'all see any evidence of rod knock? How about those tolerances? Think this would make any noise?

They look good so why'd you stop there when you were supplied with a video and you knew the motor had a knock.
You built it , you find the knock and fix it, you didn't !

They look good so why'd you stop there when you were supplied with a video and you knew the motor had a knock.
You sir, Just cannot be reasoned with. You have been given all kinds of unbias feedback from this board and the V8 board. Still you choose to take this route. Instead of listening to suggestions, you keep shooting out hollow responses, none of which are in any way gonna help you get your car fixed.

At this point your only recourse is to take it to a Turbo Buick guy NOT involved in this deal. Have him take the motor apart video and take pictures. See what is found. Then you can move on. I think your past the point of having this fixed by RCG after this tread posting.

.010” crank? Looks like the bearings I just measured for one of my engines yesterday but .010” thicker. All were .0611-.0612”. My crank was little lower on some journals than typical and oil clearance was about .0025” for me.

Last edited:
Would you look at that??? Just look at that, would you just look at that? I mean wow, would you just look at that??
And after watching 2 videos, 1 with clear and apparent audio, and 1 that sounds like it's sitting in a coffe can, would you just listen to that???
I stand by what I said in my last post, they wanted to be there for the 2nd startup, so IF there was an issue, they could fix it on the spot, but you refused, your bad, they have offered to fix it, hell, Mr Cark has even offered a factory fresh Buick motor if they can't fix yours, exactly what more do you want????
You bash RCG on the forum, they still offered to make it right, on more than one occasion, and you refused. Therefore, the ONLY thing a judge or litigator is going to do, is tell you to let them fix it, then charge YOU for lost wages, travel expenses, money for services rendered that were not paid in full, etc.
Then your going to be out even more money

Because it's not internal. You already stated you dont know jack about motors. What did you want him to pull next if all the bearing where checked?

Would you look at that??? Just look at that, would you just look at that? I mean wow, would you just look at that??
And after watching 2 videos, 1 with clear and apparent audio, and 1 that sounds like it's sitting in a coffe can, would you just listen to that???
I stand by what I said in my last post, they wanted to be there for the 2nd startup, so IF there was an issue, they could fix it on the spot, but you refused, your bad, they have offered to fix it, hell, Mr Cark has even offered a factory fresh Buick motor if they can't fix yours, exactly what more do you want????
You bash RCG on the forum, they still offered to make it right, on more than one occasion, and you refused. Therefore, the ONLY thing a judge or litigator is going to do, is tell you to let them fix it, then charge YOU for lost wages, travel expenses, money for services rendered that were not paid in full, etc.
Then your going to be out even more money
Yup

.010” crank? Looks like the bearings I just measured for one of my engines yesterday but .010” thicker. All were .0611-.0612”. My crank was little lower on some journals than typical and oil clearance was about .0025” for me.

Just re-read. .001” variance

Status
Not open for further replies.