My 8 month HORROR story. What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive had the same exact problem. 500 miles break in,which is rediculous to begin with. One test hit,bang,bang,bang. Rod knock or something, the builder told me absolutely no guarantee on a race engine. Bam,im out 5,500. I think you are also. Live and learn.

The only reason all that shit started in housewives is salome decided to go to bg. And he wants a crowd to hang with so if he got on all these dipshits good side after talking shit for years hes got a group to hang out with.
You know it's funny, I think it was Nick that said as he gets older, his tolerance and patience begins to wear thin, though he is still committed to helping whenever he can. Awesome member, and he is clearly an OG... but he forgot to mention that a lot of these members can really emulate the "Desperate Housewives of TurboBuick" lol. I mean wow, some of the members on here gossip more than the ladies do, and hold grudges just as bad, it's freaking hilarious. Will you are a standup guy, and you wanting to help him with his engine is tremendous, hats off to you man, seriously. Gotta admit, now I am curious where this all leads to...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ive had the same exact problem. 500 miles break in,which is rediculous to begin with. One test hit,bang,bang,bang. Rod knock or something, the builder told me absolutely no guarantee on a race engine. Bam,im out 5,500. I think you are also. Live and learn.
How can you guys let them fuck you like that. I've had 1 issue with a engine in all the ones I've ever built. I fixed the issue and drove 700 miles 1 way to do it. Smh.

If I were in your shoes I'd set up a day or couple days, weekend, whatever. Bring the car to their shop. Let them hear it. Tear it down right then and there and find the exact problem. No more he did it/I did it. If it's a reputable shop they should be able to make it right and if it's not a reputable turbo Buick shop you shouldn't have let them touch it to begin with. If it turns out to be something unrelated to the long block assembly (which is not impossible) be a man and pay the man for your screw up. That's what I'd do.

Ineedagn,thats a reasonable suggestion. If the builders agrees. Personally i wouldnt want them anywhere near my car at this point but i think a refund is not gonna happen.

If I were in your shoes I'd set up a day or couple days, weekend, whatever. Bring the car to their shop. Let them hear it. Tear it down right then and there and find the exact problem. No more he did it/I did it. If it's a reputable shop they should be able to make it right and if it's not a reputable turbo Buick shop you shouldn't have let them touch it to begin with. If it turns out to be something unrelated to the long block assembly (which is not impossible) be a man and pay the man for your screw up. That's what I'd do.
Lol. If they cant get it right the 1st time they dont get a second time.

That exactly how mine sounded. Mine was not built by a so called reputable gn builder,thats why i said live and learn. Cost me another 6,000 to get it done correctly. This time it was done properly and no probs over four years now.

Yeah he's got some woodpecker action going with that knocking in the video...

You're really out there on Long Island, and you said it was a five and a half hour drive? Where, PA?

Tufbuick,your in long island, take the car to Jim Dunn in philly. When it come back it will be the car you are waiting for. He doesn't build the engines but has a guy that expertly does. He does the install and the tuning and everything else. Not cheap but your car will run like never before and not for a week or month or two. Four years and all i do is turn the key except oil changes and plugs,general stuff. Pay once and get it over with,im not seeing a decent solution with the other guy.

Didnt follow the crowd. Fuck them. Starting with salome and end with Brian bisonett
I think the person did i could be wrong

Send me the facebook link.
I'm blocked from the groups.

Lmao Damn, what you do

You took care of yourself. I didn’t have to block/delete you. Other admins saw what a piece of work you are and took it upon them self. Have a good night Billy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only reason all that shit started in housewives is salome decided to go to bg. And he wants a crowd to hang with so if he got on all these dipshits good side after talking shit for years hes got a group to hang out with.
You know it's funny, I think it was Nick that said as he gets older, his tolerance and patience begins to wear thin, though he is still committed to helping whenever he can. Awesome member, and he is clearly an OG... but he forgot to mention that a lot of these members can really emulate the "Desperate Housewives of TurboBuick" lol. I mean wow, some of the members on here gossip more than the ladies do, and hold grudges just as bad, it's freaking hilarious. Will you are a standup guy, and you wanting to help him with his engine is tremendous, hats off to you man, seriously. Gotta admit, now I am curious where this all leads to...

What does me going to BG have any bearing on how you are treated by online members? I'm not doing anything to have someone to hang with. I have my own family and friends going and have some racing to do. Sad how small your world really is. LMAO. . You have issues buddy. . SMH...I guess perception is reality in ur world. . . .

And here we have my 2 favorite folks. You and sal. Who's on top tonight?
Didnt follow the crowd. Fuck them. Starting with salome and end with Brian bisonett
I think the person did i could be wrong

Send me the facebook link.
I'm blocked from the groups.

Lmao Damn, what you do

You took care of yourself. I didn’t have to block/delete you. Other admins saw what a piece of work you are and took it upon them self. Have a good night Billy.

I'm not posting this to get into a pissing match or have it deleted because the board doesn't like my post.

I am only posting this to air my legitimate gripe with a well known shop who shall remain anonymous at this point. (links to claims will be made public if this is not resolved to my satisfaction at a later date). I am posting this so board members are aware of what I've been through and I'd value their opinion on this matter.

8 months ago I dropped my motor off at a premier shop to have my Grand National motor short block rebuilt.
They looked at it and determined it needed a cam, a crank, honed, re ringed, all new bearings. Simple re build, no rocket science here.
Time frame I was promised came and went. Called to inquire and owner couldn't even remember who I was or what my engine was there for.
He was very annoyed with me for even asking about the progress and said he'd look into it. I treated him with respect and didn't complain.

About a week later I get a call to come and pick up my motor. I was told I could run in the cam. No, that is part of the rebuild price. Motor had my Gessler heads on it (installed by them) so they threw on an intake and exhaust manifolds on and broke it in. A couple of days later I pick up a totally brand new motor and pay the man $4,100 CASH for his work. I take it back to my mechanic who maintains this GN and he installs primes and fires up this new motor. (he has taken this car apart many times and knows what he's doing). GUESS WHAT...................instantly upon start up we now have a lower engine knock. 15 seconds engine is shut off. We send a video to the shop owner and he says, "sounds real bad bring it back". Motor comes back out and now I haul it back to the shop.

When I arrive immediately the shop owner starts insinuating that we must have done something to this brand new motor to cause this knock. All we did was install his new rebuild and fire up what he made NEW. Trans and Torque converter installed correctly, motor re primed, all sensors, oil lines, vacuum lines and electrical connections were installed correctly. Now I'm promised they will fix whatever is wrong with this rebuild on them.

A month goes by and I inquire about my motor and they haven't looked at it yet. (very annoyed I even called) I still haven't complained as they promised to fix this knock and I trusted them at their word. This was starting to stink, just the way I was now being talked to. A few days later a text, "engine done, pick up ASAP".

Haul myself all the way back to shop (5 1/2 hrs.) to pick up motor and ask what was wrong with motor, NOTHING was his reply. Am I stupid, am I and 4 other mechanics that heard this knock deaf and dumb, does my video lie. Now he wants $1,200 for inspecting the 2 center rod bearings and gave up there. He should have continued inspecting complete engine until he found what was wrong. (he built the damn thing). He is still trying to blame my mechanic for doing something to cause the internal KNOCK. I refuse to pay his last charges as he has told me nothing is wrong and engine is fine. I had a funny feeling he was trying to scam me for more money on his BRAND NEW rebuild.

I haul this motor back to my mechanic, he re installs the motor videoing every aspect of the installation and guess what ? ? ?
SAME KNOCK, SAME SPOT, absolutely nothing was done to find and fix this KNOCK. When I call the shop owner he screamed at me and told me this was impossible as he found NOTHING wrong with the motor. All he kept yelling about was his $1,200 that he didn't get for doing nothing.

Now he wants me to bring my whole car back to him and his ultimatum is, "if I find something we did wrong I'll fix it, if I find something you guys did you will pay me to fix it".
After all the mystery, lies, rude attitude, screaming at me, no straight answers, scams being pulled and 2 attempts to make this motor 100% there is no way that ME, MY MOTOR or MY CAR will ever set foot on his property again. I demand a full refund as he has ruined my motor and has devalued my one owner pride and joy by about 50%. I have had 5 motors, 3 trannys and 2 rears done for this car over the years when I raced it. I've been to this rodeo before. Duttweiller, Art Carr and Strange have made errors on things they've built for me and always made them right and always treated the customer with due respect. I am appalled at the absolute horrible treatment I've gotten from this shop owner, there was no respect or customer service, only finger pointing.

I would like to give anyone who has an opinion on this matter to post it here. Like I said to the owner, "REFUND MY MONEY and I'll have someone else fix this motor" and all my posts here and elsewhere about this will be removed. Like I said, I will not divulge the name of the owner or the shop hoping they will do the right thing. If he chooses to ignore me I will link all the complaints I've made on all the Buick sites so no one else gets burned like I have.

Any thoughts ! Lets see if the shop owner responds, but I doubt that he is man enough !

P.S., please don't post who you think it is, I'd like to give the shop an opportunity to expose themselves at this point and discuss this matter.

I agree a lot of drama around here these days....

I feel for you and have been there myself.

I would start with figuring out what is wrong with the motor first before starting a war with the guy and dragging his name through the mud on here. That will get you no where fast in dealing with him if the motor is hurt and you want some type of refund.

I listened to the noise on the video and it doesn't sound good but:

Does the motor have oil pressure?

Have you cut open the oil filter to inspect it? Is there a bunch of metal and debris in it? A new motor will have some but one that is eating itself to death will be obvious.

Have you pulled a valve cover to inspect the valvetrain?

If you have oil pressure and the filter is not full of metal it may not be a problem with the engine builder and could be something else creating the noise, pulley, crank balancer, flexplate etc. all of which I have experienced in the past myself.

Good luck and LMK if you figure out the problem.

What does me going to BG have any bearing on how you are treated by online members? I'm not doing anything to have someone to hang with. I have my own family and friends going and have some racing to do. Sad how small your world really is. LMAO. . You have issues buddy. . SMH...I guess perception is reality in ur world. . . .

Not sure why I was quoted in your response, nor why the thread started heading in this direction, but what I said is true though, the amount of crying and gossip on here would make any real car enthusiast want to shake his or her head while laughing out loud. I don't waste my time with Facebook lol, I mean come on, Facebook lol? I live in the real world, and we hit up Atlantic City every weekend with friends, and never waste our time on social media, so I have no idea what happened with Will on Facebook, but I am not surprised to see people treating him like everyone were in kindergarten. This is what "in" crowds do, it's their way or the highway, and it's both hilarious and sad because outside of their "in" crowd, nobody gives a shit. Take away the Grand National and you have guys nobody would even want to be friends with, especially chicks, so they hang onto it as a means of leverage for the "in" crowd, and THAT is what's sad.

Hope you get this all resolved tufbuick.

List out your options. Allow me to begin:

1. Cut all ties with vendor and find another builder to take ownership and go through it. Chances are it may not cost as much to fix it.

2. Take car and motor and yourself to vendor and let him fix it. Agree to terms. His mistake, his dime. Your mistake your dime.

3. Complain online, stir up a fuss and associated negativity. Hope the ‘court of public opinion’ helps resolve the issue.

Are there any other options?

4. Small claims court?

5. BBB official complaint

6. Arbitrator?

7. ??

To me options 1 or 2 get you moving in the direction of resolution quickest. Both are a gamble in terms of time and money.

If the original guy is a well known builder, they will want to protect their reputation. You could enlist the aid of other members to visit the builder with you and offer their opinion and expertise and support.

Just my thoughts. Hope they help. I am about to fire up an engine I bought from someone and these things weigh on my mind as well.

* Take car and motor and yourself to vendor and let him fix it. Agree to terms. His mistake, his dime. Your mistake your dime.

This well known shop owner has chosen to give "ME" his ultimatum, basically it was what you stated above. After two attempts to produce a 100% motor he has failed and is trying to blame my mechanic for his shitty work. Now he is in his ....NO ANSWER MODE. After many lies, setbacks, excuses and screaming at me, I can see he is more concerned about the money more than any kind of customer satisfaction. After all I've been through for 8 months with this rude, stubborn individual I wouldn't trust him to tie my Fen shoe. Basically he stole $4,100 from me and doesn't have the balls to face the music. Problem is.....I'm not going away ! ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.