Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Members Rides, Friends and Family' started by 1986 Buick GX1, Apr 24, 2015.
Gauges are awesome. I like how you clocked them so all up is all good.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Great job looks great!!!
I decided to go with black DUI Livewires plug wires and found that some wires were way too long.
I compaired stock, Magnacore 10mm and the DUI wires.
I measured from the center of the 90* (coil end) to the end of the steel connector on the plug end.
Stock plug wire lengths and resistance.
Magnacore plug wire lengths and resistance.
DUI Livewires lengths. I didn't check resistance.
I slid the heat shrink over the protective sleeve on the plug end, pried the steel plug connector open, laid the wire next to the tape measure and cut to the appropriate length + 3/4". I cut off 3/4" insulation, folded the inside conductor back over the outside and crimped the plug connector back on using an MSD crimp tool.
I made them the same length as the Magnacores.
Yes I make all my plug wires to length because ---- well, I am that picky.
I used some Taylor 10mm V6 wire separators (p/n 42505) by using an aluminum plate (painted black) to clamp on the stock wire holders.
I think they turned out pretty good.
I installed the precision plenum and power plate a while back and figured I'd better update this as well.
Not realizing the new plenum is 5/8" taller than stock, the vacuum block and the up pipe interfered with my Bowling Green Customs embroidered hood pad.
I thought I'd try something different so I had .125" machined off the bottom of the plenum up front tapering to nothing at the rear to tip the plenum down.
That didn't quite do it so I had them machine the front of the plenum flat which when combined, lowered the plenum a little and tipped the throttle body down 6*.
I purchased the stock aluminum vacuum block from Kirbans performance and made a slim line vac block.
I had a friend machine .100" off the top and bottom of the vac block for a total of .200".
I filed a taper on the front and rear of tha vac block for some style and added clearance. Of course I had to powder coat it black.
Now I have a 1/4" clearance between the hood pad and both the vac block and the up pipe with the bonus of having the up pipe perfectly in line with the throttle body.
I installed an 85mm Z06 MAF and modified a 3.5 MAF pipe from Full Throttle to fit the inlet bell and Kenne-bell ram air system along with a 4" dry flow synthetic filter.
Sweet...I remember seeing this car in Hebron Ohio about 9-10 years ago. What a gem.
Thank you Joe,
I use to live in Coldwater OH and drove the car all over Southern OH and Eastern Indiana.
I even got a prom date in Bowling Green KY with a girl I'd met "circling the mall" while attending the Buick Nationals.
Ahh, the good old days.
Sweet ride! The vacuum block is very cool I need that in my life..