Mustang W/Procharger Goes Down

XLR8

Lost at Altitude
I was talking with a nice kid last night at the track. He had a newer body style Mustang with a rebuilt 4.6 with a procharger running 8# of boost and was on ET Streets. He was proud of his car and pointing out all the work done to me and his posse. As luck would have it, we get lined up together. After the light went green I never saw him. He ran a 13.78 to my 11.98. :D
On a side note I was talking to a guy with a 2003 Cobra convertable with a Saleen kit?? He has run a best of 14.3.
:confused:

wow nice run man...
but a 13.xx with a procharger!
wow that isnt too good... i wouldve expected at least in the 12s with that... i would say traction? but he had the Ets i think ya said... nice of ya to show the mustangs whats up!

That kinda reminds me of myself. -the blower. I built my motor and ported the crap outta the heads and blah blah... and all i could get was a best of 10.2 in 1/8.

4300lb truck, 355, comp nx274 cam, 284/237cfm @ .600 heads, 10.3:1, 700r,BUT.... 3.08 open rear, out of tune carb, 2* too much cam advance, valve float, 3 valves not sealing properly,and me was shifting @ 5800 (cause of sputtering, excuses excuses).

Basically a bunch of money dumped and not much to show for. :(

I know how he feels....

Dont kid your self just bolting on a blower doesnt mean super power, if its not tuned . A buddy had a vortech blown LSC that he was saying made 450+hp and so on i told him he didnt have Sh!T until he had a timeslip in his hand . Well he ran a 16 something @85mph . The timing way waaaay retarded he did go 13.05@108 after tuning though but untuned he would have been embaresed in the street big time . :p