MUSCLE CAR SHOW/ELECTION RIDE FOR CANDIDATE JOHN SALEEBY

john saleeby

I am running for Walnut city council. The Gasaholics car club in Walnut is hosting a car show which will feature muscle cars and our GN's on Saturday, March 24. Several of our members have committed to attending. I ask for at least a dozen of our GN's to be there. It will be fun and help me immensely.

The venue is the Von's located at 350 N. Lemon Ave. Walnut 91789 (corner of Lemon and La Puente Road).
Event starts around 10 AM. There are numerous places at the venue for good food. Around 2 PM we will form up and go for a cruise in the city of Walnut. Horn honking, waving and generally a good ole fashion election parade through the beautiful city of Walnut will occur.

The contact is Mickey Maguire of the Walnut Gasaholics ( 909 598 6241) or you may call me at 626 423 2686 (John Saleeby). Thank you to SpoolFool and Gary Wells for encouraging me. I look forward to meeting other GN members.

One month bump, for a good cause.

Mike Barnard

Guys, the muscle car show/exhibit is approaching. I would like to see a dozen of our showstoppers there. Please send me an email to let me know if you are or are thinking about attending. I planned the route for the election parade which will be a lot of fun. I promise no tickets or hassle from the deputies.

Future Mayor John Saleeby

Two day bump. Just checked the weather. Forcast is for a mostly sunny 64 deg, with a 0% chance of rain.:cool: Looks like Gary and I and a few other TBs will be there to support a great cause. I'll bring a camera and post pics. Here's the flyer to the deal.

JohnSeleebycarshow.jpg

I might even have to wash my car for this one.:eek:

Mike Barnard

Hmmm.
Hey John, After looking at the "parade map" it suspiciously looks like a trick to get me to a barber shop to cut my hair? My wife isn't paying you to do this, is she?:eek:
Mike B.

My fellow GN friends, This saturday should be a Lot of Fun! Please drive your Bad to the Bone Muscle cars to this event. Maybe we'll see Spoolfool get a military style cut that will make his wife smile.

Thank you for the Support as politics is a very different animal.

Congrats John on a great show. Would guess that we had 30-40 hotrods and twice as many people. Will post some pics when I get a chance.

Mike B.

A few pics of the day.
Saw some very nice rides at this show. Here's just a few of the many I took.

Seleebycarshowpics045.jpg

Seleebycarshowpics001.jpg

Seleebycarshowpics002.jpg

Seleebycarshowpics005.jpg

Seleebycarshowpics011.jpg

Seleebycarshowpics009.jpg

Seleebycarshowpics034.jpg

Seleebycarshowpics038.jpg

More to come.

John, working with the paparazzi, trying to get the vote out.
Seleebycarshowpics030.jpg

It was all about kissing babies and shaking hands. Here's John, working the crowd. (I didn't have the heart to tell him that dogs cant vote:eek:)
Seleebycarshowpics022.jpg

Leadership is needed now in Walnut. With a vote for John, you'll help run out the thugs and Coke dealers that roam the parking lots and car shows in this great town.
Seleebycarshowpics004.jpg

I can't count the times that I've watched a city council meeting, and saw someone sleeping on the job. Here's john practicing hard for the position.
Seleebycarshowpics052.jpg

I will say, when John Saleeby comes up with an idea for a car show...
Seleebycarshowpics055.jpg

Seleeby.jpg

... He goes big.:)

Thanks for a great show, and lunch.

Mike Barnard

John, Sorry I did not make it I was not feeling good Sorry again, April 4th I go in to the Hospital to have my Stomach taken out. I'm now Cancer free. Hope you get elected to Office, Also hope to see you and bring your friends to the "20th Annual BUICKS at BATES NUT FARM" June 3rd, 2012. The turn out at your get together looked good how many Cars and people were there. And did Lou get his Hair cut? I will call you later OK or you can call me OK

Steve Hurst
1-714-772-6201

John:
Thanks again for the great show & lunch. There were some very nice cars there & the turbo Buicks showed very well along with the others.

............................. And did Lou get his Hair cut?.................................

What? Lou's still got hair. And on the top end, too.

I heard a rumor that Mike's (SPOOLFOOL2) hair is going to a good home when it gets cut.............The top of Lou's head.

I'm not bragging though. I've got more hair in my nose and ears than I do on the top of my head.

My GN friends, especially Gary and Mike, thank you for the tangible support and encouragement. The car show was a huge hit! When elected , we will have a Very Large Event at a super nice venue in Walnut! That's a promise. Mike, thanks for the entertaining pictures. We'll get that hair cut yet:)

Hey John, I'm sorry I missed your show, and right in the middle of my 'hood! I haven't been keeping up on the board, shame on me. I was right down the street. :mad:

Anyway it looks like the turnout was great. I'll be at the REAL car show for sure...you know, the big annual one you're going to have Walnut set up after you win your City Council seat. ;)