Murdered a SRT 8 392 Challenger

Sorry for bringing this back from the dead but...since I own a GN and a SRT8 392 I can give u an acurate comparison between the two. Of course a GN running 21 psi is going to/should beat a stock 392...plus the the challenger is a hog weight wise. But, don't underestimate the 392...lays down 400-420 hp to the rear wheels STOCK...not with tons of mods like our GN's needed. And even tho it's fat it runs in the 12's with all the bells and whisles.
My GN would run circles around my SRT...put a supercharger on it and some meth and it might be a different outcome. But, don't slam a new car just cuz it's new...that guy is just as proud of his car as u are urs...

Sorry for bringing this back from the dead but...since I own a GN and a SRT8 392 I can give u an acurate comparison between the two. Of course a GN running 21 psi is going to/should beat a stock 392...plus the the challenger is a hog weight wise. But, don't underestimate the 392...lays down 400-420 hp to the rear wheels STOCK...not with tons of mods like our GN's needed. And even tho it's fat it runs in the 12's with all the bells and whisles.
My GN would run circles around my SRT...put a supercharger on it and some meth and it might be a different outcome. But, don't slam a new car just cuz it's new...that guy is just as proud of his car as u are urs...
It makes 400 - 420 at the flywheel.... if it made 400 @ the wheels depending on drive train loss it would be an easy mid eleven second car.... great car though

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Actually, it makes more like 480-500 at the crank...it's been documented a million times that stock they put down 400+ hp to the wheels...most are around 410-420...but there are some freaks putting down more. One example...u get the idea.

A guy in my cub has a SRT 8 Charger and showed me his 12.4x time slip at around 115, said it was completely stock, that's impressive. My bolt on GN is only 12.53 best (lowly 108mph). Guess I need to add alky, better chip and turn up the boost if I'm going to play in this league.

Good kill, I need more to do some of these new cars in and a fresh set of drag radials.

Good kill. Our Buicks do well on the street - probably closer to track times than most - don't they <grin>

Nice kill. the challenger's weight is the biggest problem. I talked to one owner that said it weighed over 5000 lbs.:eek: don't see how. Any truth to this. Anyb0dy know how much they weigh?

You beat a $50k 13 second, 4200lb car with an mid/high 11 sec Buick....

A "kill" today, is not the same as the "kills" from days past.

MeanChicken...get your car back on the road...please...this section needs you....bad.
:D
Possibly in January.

Been nose down getting my business up and running.
Business is going well...broke the $100K in revenue so definitely booming....gotta stay focused and make sure it sustains this momentum.

Have you guys heard of team spankin' time yeah the name sounds goofy but they have some challengers and other V8s running 9s and 10s the cars they build are total sleepers. They are from the san bernardino area here in socal...they might go to fontana when it opens up.. some of you stroker fellas might have your hands full...

Have you guys heard of team spankin' time yeah the name sounds goofy but they have some challengers and other V8s running 9s and 10s the cars they build are total sleepers. They are from the san bernardino area here in socal...they might go to fontana when it opens up.. some of you stroker fellas might have your hands full...

Odd.....SpankinTime can't seem to win on the streets, be it 135th, Alameda, Canoga.

Someone needs to tell them "Spinning ain't winning".

The 1100hp silver SRT8 Jeep they built tho (dude spent close to $40k) was a nice sleeper, and held it's own......if only all there cars were like that one....if only....

:D
Possibly in January.

Beem nose down getting my business up and running.
Business is going well...broke the $100K in revenue so definitely booming....gotta stay focused and make sure it sustains this momentum.

Please hurry and I wish you the best on your new business endeavor.

Too many PUPPY KICKS, not enough KILLS in this section.

There are always surprises, my son has a 2003 Marauder, stoker motor with Trilogy supercharger, headers, cams and a million other things putting down around 565 HP at the rear wheels. It's not a 11 second car as it's a struggle to get traction and it to is heavy. But you would not believe how many people think it's an ex police car or just a Tank Mercury etc. More than 1 person ended up with their mouths open. but seems like there is always someone just a little faster. My son was talking about some changes but why? So you can blow it up? Drive it and have fun. One good thing about his car no issues re stuff braking, shorts, windows and all the bullshit many cars have, those cars are pretty trouble free and they ride like a Lincoln.

I don't know why people get so upset about others posting kills!! We are sharing our experiences with other Buick guys on a Buick forum....The dude is just excited to share his experience and it comes down to comments about coulda woulda shoulda etc.....It's a street race!! You run what you brung and it's for fun :D.....

I don't know why people get so upset about others posting kills!! We are sharing our experiences with other Buick guys on a Buick forum....The dude is just excited to share his experience and it comes down to comments about coulda woulda shoulda etc.....It's a street race!! You run what you brung and it's for fun :D.....

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
Agreed

Mopar's are junk but it's still fun to beat up on them. I can't stand the newer Chargers along with the people who drive them. They think they have a bad ride. There's a black one running around here with a blue stripe. Some special addition junk I guess.

JUNK! :D

Odd.....SpankinTime can't seem to win on the streets, be it 135th, Alameda, Canoga.

Someone needs to tell them "Spinning ain't winning".

The 1100hp silver SRT8 Jeep they built tho (dude spent close to $40k) was a nice sleeper, and held it's own......if only all there cars were like that one....if only....

I've never seen them street race so I wouldn't know. I've only seen videos of them on the strip. Those cars are pretty legit..