Multiple User Names

SGRIM

Owner/Admin TB.com
Staff member
Just FYI, we have a program that alerts us when someone is using more than one user name. It is getting worse lately. If you don't want to be outed I suggest using 1...

Just FYI, we have a program that alerts us when someone is using more than one user name. It is getting worse lately. If you don't want to be outed I suggest using 1...
Is this more of a parts sales issue or they have a profile who says nice things and then have a hatchet man profile also?

Multiple personalities?

I dated a gal like that once. Like riding a roller coaster... without the fun part.

I know some people have either lost or couldn't log in with their regular name and made a new one. Nothing nefarious just technical issues. Hopefully those folks will see this and notify you. Others are gaming the system.

Great that your on that! Been watching parts area and there is one in particular that I think is doing this. Also I've been dinged a couple of times by post ratings that will not show who it was. Somehow they can do it anonymously

Last edited:
What possible good reason (other than perhaps what Pronto has suggested) is there for having more than one screen name? Sounds more like scheming shizen to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe some people got tired of their previous user name or could not log in/forgot their p.w. etc.
Maybe their previous u.n. no longer applies to them.

Why is it a big deal anyways?

Some people just like to be a-holes and post negative stuff or attack people. They use an alternative name so when that gets banned the still can post with there "clean" name.

i do not think having multiple accounts with one being active and another inactive due to p/w or naming issues is the problem. it might be having multiple active accounts used to flip parts and praise/berate other members, just my 2 cents worth.

I must say the welcoming committee here is very welcoming to new members.
I posted one thing for sale and two members accused my ad of being a scam because I'm a "new member", way to go with their "welcome".
For what it's worth I've been around since 1992 in the Buick world,. I was told I need to prove myself or have other members back me up in order to sell on here and be legit. .....wow. ... Basically screwed me out of any sales on here.....

I must say the welcoming committee here is very welcoming to new members.
I posted one thing for sale and two members accused my ad of being a scam because I'm a "new member", way to go with their "welcome".
For what it's worth I've been around since 1992 in the Buick world,. I was told I need to prove myself or have other members back me up in order to sell on here and be legit. .....wow. ... Basically screwed me out of any sales on here.....

Mike,

I learned the value of using PayPal due to this site. Over 10 years of trouble free I'net related transactions & then I was burned on my first purchase from someone on this site. Granted I was a new member at the time & so was the seller. Unfortunately it happens. Had I not used PayPal I would have lost $350. It has also happened to others on this site & for a whole lot more money.

Hang in there.

maybe we should be allowed to change our usernames once every year or something like that. or pay to change it. could be a way to generate a little revenue for the site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will be doing name changes later this year. A lot of the activity is users logging in back and forth between the user names. It will only alert us each time you switch names so it is not people logging in because of old user names I am referring too.

We will be doing name changes later this year. A lot of the activity is users logging in back and forth between the user names. It will only alert us each time you switch names so it is not people logging in because of old user names I am referring too.

Ahh yes, so it was skullduggery, after-all, ehh. Well, nothing good can come of that kind of Tom Foolery...... Just saying.......

Great that your on that! Been watching parts area and there is one in particular that I think is doing this. Also I've been dinged a couple of times by post ratings that will not show who it was. Somehow they can do it anonymously

WOW! Now that's kind of messed up!! Makes you wonder how it could be done though, as the site registers where it came from whenever you post like or dislike, etc.? If doesn't show up in your information, then what about the post itself?