Multiple burned TRs on Copart

ShawnR

Fixer of crap..

earlbrown

runs with scissors
I'm amazed anybody can buy from that site. I tried for months to get a totalled out Mustang 5sp and just had to give up.

Between their fees, that broker BS, and the scam with sellers deciding to sell at the auction price, it's a serious racket.

I have to give credit to the people that own it though. They're making a fortune off of other peoples stuff.

ShawnR

Fixer of crap..
I'm amazed anybody can buy from that site. I tried for months to get a totalled out Mustang 5sp and just had to give up.

Between their fees, that broker BS, and the scam with sellers deciding to sell at the auction price, it's a serious racket.

I have to give credit to the people that own it though. They're making a fortune off of other peoples stuff.
I knew about the fees / membership crap, but school me about the other part with the sellers. I've never successfully bought anything from there yet, but I keep trying for a deal.

TurboTGuy

Gray Beard Member
I knew about the fees / membership crap, but school me about the other part with the sellers. I've never successfully bought anything from there yet, but I keep trying for a deal.

You won't ever find one. EVER.

Due to pending legal action, I cannot/will not say any more.

Stay away.

earlbrown

runs with scissors
You'll never get one.

Basically 'reserve not met' is normal. If the price doesn't go high enough, it'll just get relisted over and over.

If the reserve is met, or it's just a plain auction that went to the end, it doesn't matter what you bid, it's still not yours. The seller can decide after the auction is over to sell it at that price. AND they can/will send you a higher counter-offer that you can actually buy the car at.

IF you make it that far, it's time for all the after sale BS. They pop you for using any type of CC payment (much greater than any cash back rewards), they hit you $50 just to go in the yard and get the car (I'm going to assume the forklift driver doesn't give a shit about the bottom of the car or the driveshaft).

Basically, if you were to actually 'win' a cheep car, the price will be double by the time you have it on a trailer.

And, just as an irritant, there's no way to do a market analysis and see what cars are fetching. If you don't watch the actual auction in real time, you have no idea what it ''sold'' for. That's, assuming it actually sold.

Also, I've never actually bought a car from them, so I'm going to guess there's even more BS that I couldn't find reading all the (hard to find) fine print.