MTV up spring

TexasT

Texas, Where are you from
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/kc-valvebody-for-cammed-and-ported-head-tr.263025/

So, I'm reading up on tuning the shifts on the 2004r ans this thread has a lot of good info.
Question One:
Brf doesn't have an MTV up spring. I see Mr. Bison removes his from the KC vb. Is there additional things or just take the spring out and put the spool and such back in with out it? What does this do? I have an AA and am thinking I could try it to see.

Question Two:
Mr Chris mentions an update with 7 updates. Has this been released? If not, will it be released?

Tia

To add a bit to this. I was out goofing around and noting the shift characteristics. We took off from a light at moderate throttle. Noted all the shifts and I believe a lock of the converter clutch. It was cruising about 40, floored it and I believe it shifted to first. I was impressed. Now I need some traction and hope the direct clutches can take that punishment.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Last edited:
Thanks for the input.
So I would just take the spring out but leave the rest in there. By the principles of operation manual this would get us full pressure to the shift valves correct?

removing the mtv can also cause that crazy up down busy 2-3-2-3 up down shift that some 200s have and some dont. Seems more common on the BR but raises its ugly head on the other Vbs.

removing the mtv can also cause that crazy up down busy 2-3-2-3 up down shift that some 200s have and some dont. Seems more common on the BR but raises its ugly head on the other Vbs.

How about adding a MTV spring on a BR valvebody? Maybe the cure for 2/3/2/3.

How about adding a MTV spring on a BR valvebody? Maybe the cure for 2/3/2/3.
Steve, you are reading my mind. Even a light spring to vary to mtv up out put a little to get away from the shift thresh hold.
I would like to thank Mr. Janis and Mr. Diers for providing their input. I know they have much more valuable experience than me in my one assembly(I hesitate to call it a build) of a 2004r.
I did get turned on to a spring place by a member in New Zealand and received their catalog. I am trying to find a distributor stateside to get some springs to try out. Until then I am getting the things I try at my local ACE hardware.

I have some more questions but am going to start another thread so as not to gum this one up.

correct if you would like to try some different springs the transgo orange box kit for a 4l60-e has a bunch of 2nd acc. springs in it thank you

Thanks I will look into that for sure . My next try will be the 4L60e in my 94 suburban that only has first, rev, n and park. Might be a solenoid but it needs going through as I want it to be snappy and crisp and I plan to tow my open trailer with it.

Thanks again all. Great info. I hope to do a drag week and power tour and maybe I can meet some of ya'll.