MT sportsman S/R question

gmmuscle

Has anyone put these on rear with stock GN chrome wheels?
Looking at the 26x10 PN#6653.
Looking for wider tire, better traction than my 215/65-15 Firestone Indy 500. Also when getting caught in the rain on cruises, do not want to be doing 360's down the road. Also want better tread life than a drag radial. (not one for long smokey burnouts on the street)

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Carl

Has anyone put these on rear with stock GN chrome wheels?
Looking at the 26x10 PN#6653.
Looking for wider tire, better traction than my 215/65-15 Firestone Indy 500. Also when getting caught in the rain on cruises, do not want to be doing 360's down the road. Also want better tread life than a drag radial. (not one for long smokey burnouts on the street)

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Carl

Carl,
MT S/R's are a great looking tires, they have a nice ride also. As far as traction, not even close to MT Drag Radials. I have a pair of 29x18's on the rear of my GN. They go up in smoke when the boost comes in. I figured with alot wider tire, they would hook pretty good on the street. I also have a pair of 315/60 MT Drag Radials, the drag radials hook really well on the street.

If your driving habits are like mine, you'll have better luck with the drag radials.

GN with the MT 29X18 S/R's...

11-14-11004.jpg

0602121653.jpg

This is foot braking with about 20#'s of boost with the S/R's...

0605121523.jpg

John-thanks for the feedback. Wow your tire setup is smokin :cool: awesome looking. I can't imagine that many tires would hook on the street while footbraking @20# with the setup you must have.
Carl