MT Drag Radials or Hoosier Drag Radials?

MT Drag Radials or Hoosier Drag Radials

• MT DR

Votes: 11 100.0%
  • Hoosier DR

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

2QUIK6

Turbo Milk Jug displacmnt
Looking for a new set of Drag Radials, I have MT 275/60/15s now, haven't had a problem with them launching at 12# boost or lower...15# and I will blow them off at the track. Best 1.57 60ft on them.. Have had them many years, wondering if the Hoosiers may be any better?

those 275 MT radials have been a whole lot quicker on cars, murphster has cut 1.3x 60 foots with them if I remember right. instead of looking for another tire to help chop your 60 down and hook better I'd start looking into your suspension. What all do you have done to your suspension?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

those 275 MT radials have been a whole lot quicker on cars, murphster has cut 1.3x 60 foots with them if I remember right. instead of looking for another tire to help chop your 60 down and hook better I'd start looking into your suspension. What all do you have done to your suspension?
Was really only wondering which tire was better or favored now days, been at least 8yrs since I had to buy a set.
But I have all poly bushings in the rear and boxed upper and lower CAs. Not having any wheel hop issues.

I have been 1.26 with 275 MT Pros and 1.34 with them on a high 9 sec car with no suspension mods other than an air bag, they work. The old MTs dont compare. I have been in the 1.3s with those as well, but with a good suspension. The 275 et street r will perform similar. The hoosiers are good, but the thin sidewalls dont last. The MTs last more runs.

Do the MT ET Street R's have a similar stiff side wall as the the previous MT DRs? I had the ET Street bias-ply street drag tires before and was like driving on banana peels on the street with the soft side wall.

My slicks are like that, kinda sways back and fourth at certain speeds. ET-R is a radial now so it should drive better.

158 views and only 3 votes?!?! I hadn't heard of the MT ET-Rs so I will have to keep an eye out for them the next time to the track or see if my local Discount Tire or local speed shop have a pair I can look at/feel before buying...so this thread has helped me already! Thx!

You need to out a baseline kit on your car and buy some nice shocks if you really want the 60ft down.. get the baseline kit first... they make a street friendly version.

Mt makes a few different street radials now,the r is close to a pure race tire but for street use with very little going on to channel water and has a better sidewall design for launching,the ss which has a lot more going on in the tread pattern with a different sidewall doesn't take the hit as good as the r or pro,but the same compound,and finally the pro which is a great race track tire takes a big hit do to the sidewall design and has nothing going on to channel water if you get caught in the rain.the Hoosier drag radials have drive feel and hook like slicks.the sidewalks are weak and go quickly usually before the tread but they hook real hard.the ss and the r are the only ones legal for the road.there is also 2 versions for the mt r,a radial and bias ply.the turbo guys up here run the radial and the nitrous guys up here run the bias ply.

All Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial Pro tires are designed for drag racing use only. NOT FOR STREET USE

So the Pros are not street legal at all...only made so folks can race in a class requiring radials right?? I never drive if there is a chance of rain, so not worried abotu the traction in rain issue, so it looks like the regular MTET street radials is my only other choice.