Moving to Georgetown Texas...What does the inspection include?

WE4TP

Hello everyone,
I will be moving to Texas, Georgetown specifically, and know that there is some kind of vehicle inspection that they perform in order to get the car registered in Texas. Is this inspection a smog/emissions test like California or is it just a safety inspection to make sure all the lights work, etc.

Appreciate any help you all have so that I can have Turbo Lou perform any necessary work needed.
Thanks,
WE4TP

Attachments

Hotfoot

Your we4? Miles, how long you have it? I’ve got an 87 Gn I’m going to make into a gnx because as much as I love turbo regals I can’t see spending that much on a regal with an option.

WE4TP

Your we4? Miles, how long you have it? I’ve got an 87 Gn I’m going to make into a gnx because as much as I love turbo regals I can’t see spending that much on a regal with an option.
A WE4/WO2 car is the same car as the GN just with all Grey interior and badging. 80,000 miles and put together by TurboLou so it's done correctly. Only 1,547 built too. Good luck on the GNX clone. It will look great as most do.

WE4TP

How many years before a car is exempt in Texas from emissions for the inspection to register from another state? 25? Are these Buicks exempt?

longbedGTs

high on gas fumes
How many years before a car is exempt in Texas from emissions for the inspection to register from another state? 25? Are these Buicks exempt?
Not sure if there's an age limit before it can be exempt but...you can register it with "Antique" plates which are good for 5 years and you're exempt from yearly inspection. Also don't have to have 2 plates or the blue&white registration sticker on the windshield. This is the case in my area which is a visual inspection only, but I'm not sure about the areas that have smog tests. Downside is that there are stipulations on having antique plates. Non daily driver, parade/shows only, some other things I think.