movie: "Clean" - most TR content ever!

TOOMANYTOYS

I keep getting little whiffs of antifreeze while driving. I see that the heater control valve has a very slight leak near the arm. Can I just delete this thing or do I need to have it?

I don’t have a/c yet but I am planning on re doing it in the near future.
Does anyone have a part number for it? Everything I find looks nothing like what I have

Nick Micale @ Arizona GN has (or had) a line on the original type brass valve, too.

Mine was seized up when I got the car but I needed the defrost. You can take the valve off and install a 11/16 inch male to male nipple, one-piece hose (what I did) or a new valve.

If you take the valve off, You will need to cap off the plastic vacuum line.

Mine was seized up when I got the car but I needed the defrost. You can take the valve off and install a 11/16 inch male to male nipple, one-piece hose (what I did) or a new valve.

If you take the valve off, You will need to cap off the plastic vacuum line.

Heater valve is just that. Install a correct one and have heat and switched no heat, bypass it and have heat all time.

The blend door controls the amount heat into the cabin with the slider lever and cable, cold to hot.

As soon as you move it off COLD the heater valve allows water to flow through the core into the plenum chamber.

The water valve keeps hot water out of the heater core and hence out of the plenum box when the slider is in the full COLD position for A/C with no added heat. With our A/C system it needs the valve and any other help it can get.

Heater Water Valve: Page 8A-65-2
The heater water valve is controlled by the heater water valve vacuum motor. With the temperature selector in COLD, the temperature lever valve closes and connects the purple hose (vacuum) to the white hose. This applies vacuum from the tank to the motor. The motor operates, closing the valve. The closed valve blocks hot water from flowing to the heater core.

Temperature Door: Page 8A-65-1
The temperature door is controlled by the temperature selector in the A/C control head (slider). With the selector in COLD, the door is in the Cool position. This prevents air from blowing across the heater core. With the selector in any position but COLD, the temperature door is open. According to the selector position, some or all of the air blows across the heater core.

If you don't think it helps with the A/C just bypass it. ;)