Motor Trend cover this month says...

I hate to say it, but I think that if Buick doesnt hurry up and come out with something to appeal to the people they will soon end up like Oldsmobile.

Buick Quality

read in the sunday paper that Buick tied with Lexus ranking 1st in quality. Thir cars are looking better. As far as the ongoing GN/GS/GSX/GNX debate on wheather to "bring the name back" on a new car. Let those names rest. I am not saying they dont need a performance car but if they do it, let it make sense, like a turbo 6 flex fuel etc and again, please, do NOT call it a GN.

I agree, let the name rest. Plus, I think if they bring back those names it will destroy what our cars are worth!!!!

read in the sunday paper that Buick tied with Lexus ranking 1st in quality. Thir cars are looking better. As far as the ongoing GN/GS/GSX/GNX debate on wheather to "bring the name back" on a new car. Let those names rest. I am not saying they dont need a performance car but if they do it, let it make sense, like a turbo 6 flex fuel etc and again, please, do NOT call it a GN.

Hate to say it but, most people who drive the new Buicks are older people. Many don't put on tons of miles, hence the reason quality is rated so high. Don't get me wrong, I work at a Buick dealer (and have owned many) and see the kinds of repairs we do. Buick has the same rep as Caddy had 10 years ago and has worked there a$$ off to get the 40 to 50 something, upper class and baby boomers to buy their cars.
How'd they do that? Make them quick, dependable, flashy, make commercials that show off the style, speed and positive appeal. They have tried with Tiger Woods but most people don't relate to that. At least people my age.
If Buick is gonna bring back the GN or GNX badge, they better be able to back up their words, not like the Monte ss in the 80's either! Get a rear drive vehicle, that can run the 1/4 in 13 seconds, be able to keep up with or beat the new Mustang, Camaro, & the Mopars.

Attachments

• gn@lanc.jpg
    gn@lanc.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 385

Hate to say it but, most people who drive the new Buicks are older people. Many don't put on tons of miles, hence the reason quality is rated so high. Don't get me wrong, I work at a Buick dealer (and have owned many) and see the kinds of repairs we do. Buick has the same rep as Caddy had 10 years ago and has worked there a$$ off to get the 40 to 50 something, upper class and baby boomers to buy their cars.
How'd they do that? Make them quick, dependable, flashy, make commercials that show off the style, speed and positive appeal. They have tried with Tiger Woods but most people don't relate to that. At least people my age.
If Buick is gonna bring back the GN or GNX badge, they better be able to back up their words, not like the Monte ss in the 80's either! Get a rear drive vehicle, that can run the 1/4 in 13 seconds, be able to keep up with or beat the new Mustang, Camaro, & the Mopars.

well, what's faster in showroom stock condition- a '70 GSX, or an 87 GNX?
Anybody know the outcome of this race between the GNX n GSX at BPG?
It was probably a peddle fest due to poor traction, Put a set of sticky's on both and then let them race. :D

271725818.jpg

I think they need a new name, The GN GNX GS GSX has had there day. Let them keep their names, it adds to there mystic. Call in Grand _______ fill in the blank.

what ever comes out GN, GNX, GSX, GS, T TYPE ,TURBO T we need a turboed buick it would sweat come back hell they can call it GRAND TIGER HOLE IN ONE EDITION for the hole you put in someones a------ LOL !

well, what's faster in showroom stock condition- a '70 GSX, or an 87 GNX?
You are asking this on a turbo site. Opinions would swing towards the turbo running faster over here. Counter that if you asked it on V8Buick.com and again, you would get biased opinions. Im thinking it would be a good race. Its not an apples to apples camparison. And the stage 1 was not essentially a race engine package. It was pure street, They wouldnt have thrown a/c on more than 1/2 of them if the drag strip was the intention of the package. Or relatively mild gearing. Also they put it as on option on Riverias. Again, not meant as a race package, just a performance upgrade. Stage 2, well thats a different story..........

GM should not try to pedal their new stuff by bringing up names from the past. Oftentimes it does more harm to the originals than it does good for the new car. I vote to leave the GN and GNX names alone - And don't even think of making another TTA either!

Mike