motocross FTW

that vid is awesome , I wish I could still ride like that , can't risk. hurting my self these days , big pussy aaaahhhhh

Grew up on a large soybean farm riding YZ's where we made our own tracks, jumps and trails. Back in those days (late 70's / early 80's) it was Bob "Hurricane" Hannah and then came the likes of Ricky Carmichael, Jeremy McGrath, James Stewart, Chad Reed and I'm sure I'm overlooking a dozen or so others. But, we lived for the smell of two stroke in the morning and we'd get up hella early to do all our chores and stuff just so we could ride all day long.

I sold my last dirt bike a few years ago, well, gave it away really. Because I just did not have the time, nor the place to ride anymore. Although, I got on my cousins CR250 at a family event last summer and after getting scraped up pretty good (showing off walking it in fourth gear - in wheelie that kept on giving). However, I jumped right back up on it and tamed that beast the next time!! Man I love those things!

What do you all think of the four strokes being tops now? I've ridden 'em and they are fast and very torquey with a crazy broad band of power. However, I still can't seem to tear myself away from the lure of the 2 stroke, as I just think they sound better, plus that smell and pure rush of Adrenalin. I just love it!! Course I guess you could get some of that with a four stroke too, but,,,,,,, that brapp papp papp papp will always be the bomb to me!

I still have a yz125. It brings a smile to my fast when I ride it correctly. But my 250f is just easier to race. Riding a 125 is good practice for the four stroke since there is very little engine braking. It helps carry your speed into the corners better. It just seems so nimble on the two stroke compared to the four. I just love the sound of a two stroke skimming a set of whoops! The fours sound like sick Harley’s unless the are on the limiter.

Let the fun begin!
d8a9c75ecd7aee2ae7d86d145f01615b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Dean Wilson is selling this shirt but with his face on it!

Grew up on a large soybean farm riding YZ's where we made our own tracks, jumps and trails. Back in those days (late 70's / early 80's) it was Bob "Hurricane" Hannah and then came the likes of Ricky Carmichael, Jeremy McGrath, James Stewart, Chad Reed and I'm sure I'm overlooking a dozen or so others. But, we lived for the smell of two stroke in the morning and we'd get up hella early to do all our chores and stuff just so we could ride all day long.

I sold my last dirt bike a few years ago, well, gave it away really. Because I just did not have the time, nor the place to ride anymore. Although, I got on my cousins CR250 at a family event last summer and after getting scraped up pretty good (showing off walking it in fourth gear - in wheelie that kept on giving). However, I jumped right back up on it and tamed that beast the next time!! Man I love those things!

What do you all think of the four strokes being tops now? I've ridden 'em and they are fast and very torquey with a crazy broad band of power. However, I still can't seem to tear myself away from the lure of the 2 stroke, as I just think they sound better, plus that smell and pure rush of Adrenalin. I just love it!! Course I guess you could get some of that with a four stroke too, but,,,,,,, that brapp papp papp papp will always be the bomb to me!

I still have a yz125. It brings a smile to my fast when I ride it correctly. But my 250f is just easier to race. Riding a 125 is good practice for the four stroke since there is very little engine braking. It helps carry your speed into the corners better. It just seems so nimble on the two stroke compared to the four. I just love the sound of a two stroke skimming a set of whoops! The fours sound like sick Harley’s unless the are on the limiter.

It just feels like it’s easier to be faster on the stroke! Don’t know why!!

It’s cool that you have one of each. I may have to find one laying around to tinker on. Lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that vid is awesome , I wish I could still ride like that , can't risk. hurting my self these days , big pussy aaaahhhhh
I bet if you got on one for long enough, you'd give it heck!

At my family event cited earlier, I had, had like three beers (I know, I know, I know better). However, that was just enough to throw me off my game, hence the bike coming over on me. But, I jumped right back (really kind of skip hopped) on the bike, jammed the shifter down a couple of three gears, twisted the wick and blasted it through the gears with the front wheel in the air for every body to see!! So, it's just like riding a bicycle, it comes back to you and quick too!!

Please do not misunderstand, I never could ride like a Bob Hannah! As that dude was like duct tape flapping in the wind! He was absolutely amazing to watch, and in my mind he was the beginning of the stunting stuff that we see today!

nice im from Oklahoma, we you use to race out on post, fort sill in lawton till MP's would chase us off gounds
we had to shoot a gap in a 2 foot fence if that to get away ,good times
Good ole Oklahoma, here's a pic of an offroad ride I took last year on a dual sport that took me clear through your state, it was a great place to see!

KIMG0228.JPG

Long live the the 2stroke smoke.
Right now im building my 2001 cr500.
now that was the bike to end all bikes.

Long live the the 2stroke smoke.
Right now im building my 2001 cr500.
now that was the bike to end all bikes.

We always had Yamaha’s, however, the CR500 and even the KX500 were the big bore King’s of the day. That’s for sure.

IMG_6734.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

here ya go Shane, the Canadian kid, his first video
now he's killing it , just gonna send it