Motec/Holley

hemi8

Goin Sideways
Just my opinion, fine if you disagree, I am with this guy:
I could see my tuner's face drop when I told him I had a FAST XFI, he very much prefers the Holley unit, much simpler/user friendly to use.
Mike

We have a few Terminator X apps working.
Also a few Snipers... Absolutely the worst of the bunch.
I would not recommend it to anyone wanting efi.
Only worked with 1 Motec. WOW! Off the hook for cost.

Motec used to be Kenny D's go to. Not sure if he's still using those or not.

I really like how the Holley (HP/Dominator) work. Easy to use software and lots of resources out there for it.

The ecu-GN (MS3 based) is also awesome especially since it is tailored to the Buick; the software to me is good but not as easy to use as the Holley.

Ahh the internet videos
Well seen several terminators
One was on a 4.70 1/8 car
Only reason to pull it off was that more things needed to be seen😉
It ran great as did the others that are still on various street driven 7/8 cars.
Was a great value.
But the dominator and all the inputs are the choice of many up here.
Ms3pro and many others are up to task of handling most cars.
Seen many hp tuner stuff fly as well.
Computer systems are crazy these days.
Many of them do the same things some are faster and can see more.

Ahh the internet videos
Well seen several terminators
One was on a 4.70 1/8 car
Only reason to pull it off was that more things needed to be seen😉
It ran great as did the others that are still on various street driven 7/8 cars.
Was a great value.
But the dominator and all the inputs are the choice of many up here.
Ms3pro and many others are up to task of handling most cars.
Seen many hp tuner stuff fly as well.
Computer systems are crazy these days.
Many of them do the same things some are faster and can see more.
There are few good youtube channels on the Holley stuff. Devin Vanderhoof, Sloppy Mechanics, Joe Simpson, etc.

The biggest downside to all the Holley boxes except the Dominator is I/O; the limit of 4 input and 4 output goes real quick on a boosted setup. You can use a CAN bus module to add more but that is adding cost getting it closer to the Dominator. I had all 4 outputs used up with Fan, 2nd Fuel Pump, and boost solenoids (Boost + and Boost -).

There are few good youtube channels on the Holley stuff. Devin Vanderhoof, Sloppy Mechanics, Joe Simpson, etc.

The biggest downside to all the Holley boxes except the Dominator is I/O; the limit of 4 input and 4 output goes real quick on a boosted setup. You can use a CAN bus module to add more but that is adding cost getting it closer to the Dominator. I had all 4 outputs used up with Fan, 2nd Fuel Pump, and boost solenoids (Boost + and Boost -).
We run a separate boost controller co2 and only one real pump (brushless spur).
That frees things up a bit but understand where your coming from

Yes holley teck line sucks

The biggest downside to all the Holley boxes except the Dominator is I/O; the limit of 4 input and 4 output goes real quick on a boosted setup
With the Pro Dash you pick up more I/O . 13 inputs and 4 outputs .

With the Pro Dash you pick up more I/O . 13 inputs and 4 outputs .
I think there are some restrictions on the I/O coming from the dash but I could be wrong. I know the ones on the ecu can react faster than the ones in the dash or can bus module. The Pro Dash is nice too because you can make some tune changes on and actually store tunes on it's storage to upload to the ECU.

I have the HP ecu & 12.3" Pro Dash going in right now and asked if I would need to get the CAN bus expansion module . I was told I didn't need it and there was enough I/O between the HP & Pro Dash to cover my needs . If the CAN module is needed it's another $400 with the harness .

I have the dominator with the 12.3 dash. One of my motivations for the dominator is the trans control so I could go with a 4l80e if I wanted to without adding another box. Having everything all in one box simplifies it for me. No matter how wild I go with the motor I won't need another ECU.