Most Hot air Horsepower

sold most my hotair stuff to a fellow member. its not all that hard, build solid bottom end the more CI the better, good flowing heads and match the rest. you need to work the intake. this was all done on a 6768 turbo 120 injectors and e85.
I should send my build spec, and get your thoughts. I really am getting tired of my cold air buddies dissing my setup..

sold most my hotair stuff to a fellow member. its not all that hard, build solid bottom end the more CI the better, good flowing heads and match the rest. you need to work the intake. this was all done on a 6768 turbo 120 injectors and e85.
My engine has always been pretty solid except for this oil leak I suspect comes from the main bearings ( not 100% sure tho) .... but u mentioned a solid bottom end build , I’m from so cal who down here builds bottom ends in these hot airs or who would be recommended to perform this work?

My engine has always been pretty solid except for this oil leak I suspect comes from the main bearings ( not 100% sure tho) .... but u mentioned a solid bottom end build , I’m from so cal who down here builds bottom ends in these hot airs or who would be recommended to perform this work?

Kenny Dutt, Lou C, O&S.,

What does a solid bottom end cost on average ? I’m ready to do it but need someone local I’m from Ontario ca need an average cost for bottom end build

^^^ This ^^^^

More than anything, it's important to find a shop that knows these engines. People will argue that "clearances are clearances" but experience teaches us differently.

I read on the internet you can repeatedly make over 1000 hp on a stock block/crank, so hold off on fancy parts.

Thanks for input I mean I would really like to stick to my hot air line the car but my goals are to be in the 10-11 sec category I’ve been very motivated by this thread that it can be done , boost231 u mentioned it’s not hard just build a solid bottom end so that’s kinda where I’m trying to go with this what did u have done to your bottom end when u had it built ? ...... Jerryl I agree I will have a shop that specializes in our cars to have the work done I’ve got some good sources from the guys here , I’m not trying to go fancy just want to upgrade now if I need to for future upgrades and as I build up in power

And in all honesty not really looking for a track monster just a cruiser with the power to hold my own when needed too lol

just build it like any intercooled setup. Get a forged rotating assembly and a nice roller cam (power is in the head). as for compression that depends on fuel type. Bump it up if running E85.

What stall were you running with this setup? What cam? And I’m assuming a 3 inch dp?

What does a solid bottom end rebuild cost just looking for a close average price give or take a few Hundo?

What does a solid bottom end rebuild cost just looking for a close average price give or take a few Hundo?
It seriously depends on how much work you wanna do. No offence but that is the wrong question. You need to call a reputable shop and ask. Seriously just think about this. you'll be paying for cleaning, disassembly, inspection, bearings, gaskets, machine work, lot's of labour measuring, assembling, disassembling, balancing, don't forget, you want a nice short block? Maybe a forged crank or pistons? roller cam? special coatings? rods? girdle? The list is long.. Call a shop.

How would you define solid?
What's your HP goal?
Whats your budget?

Solid for 350 hp is different than solid for 800 hp. Plan on $3k - $8k to do it right.