Morel roller lifter pin failure

Just spoke with Mike at full throttle and morel did change the design a few years back due to this issue (on all their lifters). But morel isnt swapping them out.

Just spoke with Mike at full throttle and morel did change the design a few years back due to this issue (on all their lifters). But morel isnt swapping them out.
That figures,its a good thing there lack of r&d didn't wipe out your whole engine,I could see not replacing the used ones but new in box like bp man 1234 has, should definitely get the nod, imo.

Call where you bought them. There isn't a hotline for just this situation if thats what your looking for. Its pretty much tough tits ....unless by chance the vendor is gracious enough to absorb the cost and swap them which is a really long shot in the dark and I highly doubt. Welcome to the car hobby lol

Last edited:
Possible excessive side loading from repositioned valve center lines causing excess force on the lifter roller and I.D. of the lifter body?? Could this wear down the swedge on one side

Last edited:
Not with t&d rockers. Besides after researching... it's a issue that morel redesigned since they were failing.

Last edited:
Couldn't fine the number on that site that say on the site to deal with there dealers .not even an email option.

I am going to buy stock in felpro valley pans and race intake gaskets. I can foresee hundreds of people popping their intakes off to inspect their lifters...probably a few as we speak!:eek::blackeye:

since I wont be able to use those will these work .with a webber 206/206 billet roller

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 197
Well I sent an email to Webber see if they can do anything cause the kit I got came with these rollers and is the set they they did sell with there kit at the time even though I didn't have the proof of purchase .waiting to see who knows.

Does someone know what the beginning of the "bad part" manufacture was and or any markings/ witness marks of the bad part ? I have to agree that the cost to machine the lifter body to accept clips (along with the clips themselves) will drive cost and is a likely admission of a poor design. Improper manufacture does not guarantee the absence of clip release in the lifter bore. Who are the likely alternates?
Not with t&d rockers. Besides after researching... it's a issue that morel redesigned since they were failing.

Swedge retention is old style and circlip is the updated version. If you have the swedge style then you have the ones that are prone to fail and the reason they changed design. If they are in currently in service in a engine the only way to know is pull intake and asociated parts and :(:mad::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:take a look.

Not sure who else is out there. Comp is one but I know they changed their short travel to a non shrouded foot so thats out as far as limited travel lifters go.

Well bill woosley said no go cause bought from 3rd party he said call morels but they don't have any contact info for the pubic