Morel roller lifter pin failure

turbo nasty

Turbo Dojo / MNTR
Found 3 lifters stuck in their bore and had to pry and tap them out. The cross pin that holds the roller on moved and was dragging in the bores. Glad I caught them before they completely failed. All 3 have the same issue. You can see the pin has a chamfer worn where it was draggin in the bore. Block looks ok thank goodness. Just looked at my Morel short travels and they have a circllip vs. swedge and hopefully will have superior retention. 12813939_10209353347138448_3370080904816721507_n.jpg Failed

20160307_183858.jpg New short travel

Shitty thing is how many TR's have the swedge style out there running right now. I bought the regular morels 5ish years ago. Also Im curious as to whether both regular and short travel lifters have the cir clip style now or is it just the short travel?

Wow got mine about 5 years ago also still in the box brand new . All most at the point of putting my heads on to measure for pushrods . How many miles on those lifters?

Yea id like to know as im getting ready to order a set and after seeing this id like to know, let me know if you find out because I don't want to run the comps

Now I am wondering if I shouldn't use these .wonder how many had this happen to them

Now I am wondering if I shouldn't use these .wonder how many had this happen to them
I wouldn't, as a matter of fact I would call them and see if they would trade you out because obviously they know there is an issue, luckily turbo nasty caught this before it was really bad.